Veda2.0 Released!

time variant emission coefficient
I'm trying to set up a time variant emission coefficient.

Could you please show an example?

or could you please give a tip how to change the following example?

~COMEMI
CommName TRRDSS TRRELC
TRRCO2          2.898
TRRELCCO2              5.331395349

I wold like to set up the time invariant coefficient for TRRELC. That is, I would like to set the emission coefficient for CO2 emission from a commoditiy TRRELC as 5.33 in 2013 and 5.58 in 2014.

Thank you.
This table (which creates VDA_EMCB attribute) is meant to declare commodity-based emissions that do not change over time. For example, 1 PJ of liquid petr prod will generate around 70kt of CO2 in any year. The variation over time will come from efficiency changes in end-use technologies. The whole idea of this table is to minimize the data specification.

And you seem to be "allocating" electricity emissions to transport sector, which is risky unless the CO2 intensity of electricity is fixed. It will certainly vary over time, so you should not use this attribute for this purpose for sure. In any case, I would do such allocations as a reporting step, when the actual CO2 intensity of electricity is known for each scenario and year.

You can use FLO_EMIS with appropriate commodity groups to drive the emission commodity in a fully flexible way.
Thank you for reply.

yes, I'm modeling an transportation sector, and electric vehicle will consume the electricity.

Since the generation mix will change over the time, the CO2 intensity of the electricity will change over time.

In my model, I don't model the electricity sector, I just use a commodity for electricity. So, I just want to know how to set up the time variant emission coefficient for a commodity.

Anyway, could you please show an example for using FLO_EMIS for time variant emission coefficient?

Thank you
~COMEMI cant take a ~year qualifier as more of a global rather than time dependent value.

If the have a XPRCTRNELC type process delivering ELC to the transportation sector you could put the TRRELCCO2 on the TRRELC via FLO_EMIS, which can change over time.
g2
Photo 
dgchoi, try like this.

(28-07-2016, 12:58 PM)Gary Wrote: ~COMEMI cant take a ~year qualifier as more of a global rather than time dependent value.

Although this an old thread, I'd like to point out that VDA_EMCB does nonetheless have an year index. Therefore, just in case someone would like to define time-variant emission coefficients à la COMEMI in a Base or Subres Template, the figure below shows an example: 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=473]

I just tested and this does work also under VEDA2.