Veda2.0 Released!

Connecting to VEDA and synchronizing
Hi,

I am having problems with connecting to VEDA on my computer. When opening VEDA.exe, it gives me “No database response” until it exits. I have tried using several network connections and turning on and off the computer. Does anyone know how I can solve this?
Also, I am trying to use another computer. There I manage to open VEDA, but I get problems when synchronizing the model. It stops during “Finding tags” and have been like this for 2h now. Is it related to bad network connection, or can it be something else stopping it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have been having the same problem (freezing during “Finding tags” ).  I have reported my findings to KanOrs and they are investigating it. Shy
Dear Kristina,

Can we schedule a meeting? We will address both concerns during the meeting.
Dear Ravinder,
Yes, please. I am available after 13:15 CEST.
(12-07-2023, 03:43 PM)Kristina.Haaskjold Wrote: Dear Ravinder,
Yes, please. I am available after 13:15 CEST.

Hello Kristina, I will make myself available at that time for you, Please send me an email whenever you are available for the meeting.
(12-07-2023, 03:18 PM)Kristina.Haaskjold Wrote: Hi,

I am having problems with connecting to VEDA on my computer. When opening VEDA.exe, it gives me “No database response” until it exits. I have tried using several network connections and turning on and off the computer. Does anyone know how I can solve this?
Also, I am trying to use another computer. There I manage to open VEDA, but I get problems when synchronizing the model. It stops during “Finding tags” and have been like this for 2h now. Is it related to bad network connection, or can it be something else stopping it?

Following a web meeting with Kristina, it was discovered that the inability to receive a database response was caused by her machine's firewall blocking the initiation of the PostgreSQL connection. To resolve this issue, we have advised Kristina to collaborate with the IT team and request permission to enable the opening of the PostgreSQL connection. Additionally, we have suggested that she asks them to whitelist the VEDA installation's root folder to prevent any hindrances.

Regarding the other issue encountered during the model synchronization, it was observed that the process halted at the stage of "Finding tags."
Further investigation revealed that Excel instances were possibly stuck due to a sign-in popup. To address this, all Excel instances were cancelled from the taskbar, and upon manually opening Excel, an exclamation sign was noticed on the top right side, just before the signed-in username. Subsequently, the synchronization process proceeded smoothly.
However, as a precautionary measure, we advised the user to re-login into Excel since there is a possibility of encountering a sign-in popup again, which could disrupt the Excel process at any time.

Kristina, please inform me if there are any additional details or points that I may have overlooked in the explanation provided.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GDX diff fails to find GAMS in VEDA vincedh 2 239 19-04-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: vincedh
  Veda online not solving. Getting veda 2.0? frangb99 0 139 17-03-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: frangb99
  VEDA Run Manager Module UgurHalden 1 289 21-02-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Ravinder
Photo Installing VEDA in a server without internet acess sergio.vargas.cbba 1 219 06-02-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Ravinder
  Capacity units in gdx/dd files vs veda iris 14 4,197 03-01-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Antti-L
Question VBA code in Veda input files AKanudia 11 1,893 29-12-2023, 09:50 AM
Last Post: AKanudia
  ACT_EFF in TIMES and VEDA Attributes olexandr 3 803 28-08-2023, 04:52 PM
  Is there a way to adjust to the VTrun.cmd file generated when pressing solve in Veda? kristofferand 22 7,156 22-08-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: VictorG
  Veda Models based on regions Saad Awan 9 2,401 12-04-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Saad Awan
  Selected files do not contain any Tag(s) which can be read with veda vangelis 5 1,967 10-03-2023, 12:10 PM