Veda2.0 Released!

Questions on counts, merging capacities, multiple outputs
Hi! I have 3 questions and it would be appreciated if anyone of you could advise me!

1. In the picture I attached: if "count" says 0 on files, (Files named HP_subsidy_1250 / HP_subsidy_2500 / HP_subsidy_625 in my case) what does it mean? Does this mean that these scenario files are not implemented when running?

2. Let's say you have a lot of individual heating plants of A technology in your modelling region, would it be a reasonable way to consider all these A technology plants as one plant by summing up all the small capacities for simplicity? What would I be missing?

3. Is it possible to set multiple outputs for a plant? 
ex) there is a natural gas boiler that supplies different types of housings and the demand for each type of housings are set:
Heat_Atype
Heat_Btype
Heat_Ctype
And in FI_T, I wrote natural gas as input commodity and in the output commodity I would write down the above:
Input commodity     Output commodity
NG                         Heat_Atype
                                Heat_Btype
                                Heat_Ctype
Is this possible? Then this plant will take multiple rows because of the multiple outputs.

Looking forward to your insight! Smile

Best regards,
H

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As the VEDA people have not responded, I think I can give my short answers to 2 and 3:

2. I think it depends on how you model your heat demand. If your heat demand is aggregated according to building types, in-house heating systems of each type can usually be well aggregated to TIMES processes according to technology and those types, but maintaining vintage classes whenever it matters.  And if you mean DH heating plants, they can be well aggregated to processes according to technology and your sub-regional disaggregation of DH networks (if any), again maintaining vintage classes whenever it matters. Of course, you could also model nodes in DH networks like nodes in power grids, and then one would rather aggregate plants according to technology and node.

3. Sure it is possible to have any number of  input / output commodities for TIMES processes. But the choice of the PCG (primary commodity group) may then become important (in many cases).
very sorry for missing this thread, and thanks, Antti, for picking it up.

0 against a file in the scenarios list on Run manager means that no records were generated from that file. Can you post one of these files?
(29-09-2021, 03:06 AM)Antti-L Wrote: As the VEDA people have not responded, I think I can give my short answers to 2 and 3:

2. I think it depends on how you model your heat demand. If your heat demand is aggregated according to building types, in-house heating systems of each type can usually be well aggregated to TIMES processes according to technology and those types, but maintaining vintage classes whenever it matters.  And if you mean DH heating plants, they can be well aggregated to processes according to technology and your sub-regional disaggregation of DH networks (if any), again maintaining vintage classes whenever it matters. Of course, you could also model nodes in DH networks like nodes in power grids, and then one would rather aggregate plants according to technology and node.

3. Sure it is possible to have any number of  input / output commodities for TIMES processes. But the choice of the PCG (primary commodity group) may then become important (in many cases).

Hi Antti,

Thank you for the helpful reply! My model has individual heating and DH system where I model DH networks as a process that uses heat energy from DH plants. I guess by modeling nodes you meant a similar concept!
(29-09-2021, 07:51 AM)AKanudia Wrote: very sorry for missing this thread, and thanks, Antti, for picking it up.

0 against a file in the scenarios list on Run manager means that no records were generated from that file. Can you post one of these files?

Thank you for your reply!
I see, then there was definitely a problem with those files. I attached one of those files!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scen_HP_Subsidy_625.xlsx (Size: 27.16 KB / Downloads: 1)
(29-09-2021, 07:51 AM)AKanudia Wrote: very sorry for missing this thread, and thanks, Antti, for picking it up.

Thank you for your reply!
I see, then there was definitely a problem with those files. I attached one of those files!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scen_HP_Subsidy_625.xlsx (Size: 27.16 KB / Downloads: 3)
The immediate problem will be solved by replacing "All Region" with "AllRegions"

And consider using rules to create your data. For example, New_HP1* in PSET_PN col will have the value apply to all techs that qualify.
I am also not sure how VEDA can determine the commodity required in FLO_SUB without specifying any?  Rolleyes
Thanks a lot, @Akanudia and @Antti for your help, now the count is not zero anymore!!! Smile