Veda2.0 Released!

How to turn on Cost_NPV
Hi, guys. Does anybody know how to turn on the Cost_NPV, I saw there is an attribute "Cost_NPV" in BE, but I can not find any value in my databases. And I check the document 3. I did not find how to turn on this option. Did anybody ever use this attribute? I can also not find any information about that in the forum.
Yes, right, Part III of the documentation lacks to mention that.

By setting RPT_OPT('OBJ','1') = 1 (Split investment costs according to hurdle rate), you will also get the Cost_NPV  parameter reported (both functionalities were requested at the same time).  However, if you use $SET ANNCOST LEV, Cost_NPV gives you basically nothing new, because you can calculate all the Cost_NPV values from the annual costs multiplied by Time_NPV.
(06-11-2019, 08:49 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Yes, right, Part III of the documentation lacks to mention that.

By setting RPT_OPT('OBJ','1') = 1 (Split investment costs according to hurdle rate), you will also get the Cost_NPV  parameter reported (both functionalities were requested at the same time).  However, if you use $SET ANNCOST LEV, Cost_NPV gives you basically nothing new, because you can calculate all the Cost_NPV values from the annual costs multiplied by Time_NPV.
Thanks, Antti. Could you please explain it more specifically. How can I set RPT_OPT('OBJ','1') = 1, write that in the SysSettings.xlsx? or turn something on in the control panel of VEDA FE?  Thanks a lot!

Actually I want to know the supply chain cost of the energy commodities. When I turn on the levelised cost. I can only get the levelised cost by process and only the processes newly invested in that year. And it seems EQ_COMBALM is influenced by the User-constrains and downstream processes and everything related to the commodity. So I am figuring if I can get that by Cost_NPV. It seems I can't. Do you know if I can get the supply chain cost of each commodity calculated by VEDA automatically or not?  Thanks a lot for your help!
You can use the RPT_OPT attribute for setting this and other reporting options, as explained in Part III.  You can see it described in the VEDA Attributes Master as well.  There you can see that it has the two indexes in "Other_Indexes".  You can thus put OBJ~1 into the Other_Indexes column of a TFM_INS table in SysSettings.

I am not a VEDA expert, and thus I don't know if you can get the supply chain cost of each commodity calculated by VEDA automatically.  Blush
(07-11-2019, 02:09 PM)Antti-L Wrote: You can use the RPT_OPT attribute for setting this and other reporting options, as explained in Part III.  You can see it described in the VEDA Attributes Master as well.  There you can see that it has the two indexes in "Other_Indexes".  You can thus put OBJ~1 into the Other_Indexes column of a TFM_INS table in SysSettings.

I am not a VEDA expert, and thus I don't know if you can get the supply chain cost of each commodity calculated by VEDA automatically.  Blush

Thanks a lot for your help~!