Veda2.0 Released!

Confusion regarding global filter

In VEDA BE if a scenario is defined in the global filter and accidentally also in the table definition I get the following message: No records qualify for the specified criteria. However, if I only define the scenario in the global filter or only in the table definition there is no error message.

It seems that VEDA BE do not show the data if the scenario is defined in both the global filter and in the table definition. We think it would be convenient if this is changed in a new version of VEDA BE. We suggest including an error message when the scenario is defined in both the global filter and in the table definition, instead of the no record information.

Thanks!

Pernille

When any dimension is filtered via table definition and Global Filter, VEDA shows the intersection. I chose not to give priority to one over the other.

Thanks! Do you mean that the tables become empty on purpose? We got a bit confused and interpreted that there was no data generated in this scenario.

Pernille
This just means that there were no common scenarios in your GF/table selections.
In general, I don't see a good reason for scenarios to be specified in table definition.
Remember that ctrl+click is a quick way to apply/remove GF on any element.
OK, when we used exactly the same scenario in the global filter and in the table definition, no records are available.

I guess we remember to control the scenario definition from now on...

Pernille