Veda2.0 Released!

Timeslice Results Disaggregation
Dear all,

I have two timeslice disaggregation defined in VEDA-FE:
The first level is "monthly"
and the second level is "Daytime".

In VEDA-BE however, I am just able to see the data on an annual level or on a Daytime level, I am not able  (or I don´t know how) to see my results in the first level of my Timeslices (monthly basis). Could you please tell me how to do in VEDA-BE it if there is a way?. Thank you for your attention.

Kind Regards,

Mauro
You could define sets of timeslices to accomplish that. For each month, define a set with the DAYNITE timeslices under it as members.
Then you can use those monthly sets in the reports, and see all the monthly flows and activities. But perhaps Amit may be able to suggest even some easier solution?
(19-04-2016, 09:32 PM)Antti-L Wrote: You could define sets of timeslices to accomplish that. For each month, define a set with the DAYNITE timeslices under it as members.
Then you can use those monthly sets in the reports, and see all the monthly flows and activities. But perhaps Amit may be able to suggest even some easier solution?

Dear Antti,

Thank you for your reply , as I understood, what you are saying is exactly how I defined the timeslices (enclosed Figure 1).
However in VEDA-BE I am able just to view my results in the Daynite timeslices (that actually are defined as Hourly) (enclosed Figure 2), and on annual basis (Figure 3). 
Was this the way that you suggested Antti? or did I understand wrong?. It would be very useful in VEDA-BE if we would be able to choose the different timeslices aggregation that we defined in SysSetting, at least for those technologies defined with the higher time-resolution. 

Kind Regards,

Mauro

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are defining the timeslice hierarchy in VEDA-FE.  But your question is related to VEDA-BE.
I meant that you can define those monthly sets of timeslices in VEDA-BE, to see the results by monthly aggregations.

Of course, it would be nice if the timeslice hierarchy could be imported to VEDA-BE automatically from VEDA-FE (or TIMES), so that you would not need to define such sets manually in VEDA-BE.  And that's why I also said that perhaps Amit may be able to suggest even some easier solution...

[EDIT]: Hmm... after looking once again at the VEDA-BE set management system, I can see that it may be difficult to define sets of timeslices when using the TIMES "flavour" of VEDA-BE.  But VEDA-BE can be used also in more flexible flavours that allow defining sets for any dimensions. I guess only Amit can tell whether it would be possible to have sets of timeslices in VEDA-BE also when using the TIMES flavour for managing results data.  Let's hope that Amit will visit the Forum and answer your question.
(22-04-2016, 10:18 PM)Antti-L Wrote: You are defining the timeslice hierarchy in VEDA-FE.  But your question is related to VEDA-BE.
I meant that you can define those monthly sets of timeslices in VEDA-BE, to see the results by monthly aggregations.

Of course, it would be nice if the timeslice hierarchy could be imported to VEDA-BE automatically from VEDA-FE (or TIMES), so that you would not need to define such sets manually in VEDA-BE.  And that's why I also said that perhaps Amit may be able to suggest even some easier solution...

[EDIT]: Hmm... after looking once again at the VEDA-BE set management system, I can see that it may be difficult to define sets of timeslices when using the TIMES "flavour" of VEDA-BE.  But VEDA-BE can be used also in more flexible flavours that allow defining sets for any dimensions. I guess only Amit can tell whether it would be possible to have sets of timeslices in VEDA-BE also when using the TIMES flavour for managing results data.  Let's hope that Amit will visit the Forum and answer your question.

Dear Antti,

Thanks again for your reply. I have tried to search how to define temporal sets in VEDA-BE, however I did not found how to do it...
Do you have any link where I can find information about how to "define sets for any dimensions" in VEDA-BE, as you explained it might solve the problem.
I hope that Amit can see this post too.

Thank you Antti,

Mauro
For basic info about creating sets, see the VEDA-BE User Manual, page 30:

"For any given model, the dimensions for which set management has been deemed necessary are all available for defining user sets."

As you can see, in VEDA-BE sets can be defined for any dimension for which set management has been deemed necessary. Wink
Thank you very much Antti!, I will try to create a new set and define the Timeslice dimension that I am looking for.

Kind Regards,

Mauro
Sorry, I was not tuned in.

Normally, this should work if you add TimeSlice to the "SetsAllowed" line in the VD file. But apparently there is a bug here, which should be easy to fix. If you just edit a VD file manually and create a new database, you will have sets functionality for the TimeSlice dimension and you should be able to import VD files of the regular TIMES flavor in this database.

I will get back to you soon.
(26-04-2016, 05:40 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Sorry, I was not tuned in.

Normally, this should work if you add TimeSlice to the "SetsAllowed" line in the VD file. But apparently there is a bug here, which should be easy to fix. If you just edit a VD file manually and create a new database, you will have sets functionality for the TimeSlice dimension and you should be able to import VD files of the regular TIMES flavor in this database.

I will get back to you soon.

Dear Amit,

Sorry, for the late reply. I was moving to another flat these days.

I did it as you suggested me and add ";TimeSlice" to the "SetsAllowed" line in the VD file manually. However, it didn´t solve the problem, which is not having an intermediate TimeSlice Level for a process that I defined as third-level of timeslice disaggregation. I explain it the time-slice disaggregation: 
First Level: Annual (2012, 2013, etc.)
Second Level: Monthly (M01,M02, etc.)
Third Level: Hourly (M01H01, M01H02, etc.)

So, for instance, the power-generation technologies were defined on an Hourly Basis, as their output commodity ELC  as well. But, I am only able to see the results on an hourly (third level), or Annual (First level); in VEDA-BE I cannot find an option in the Timeslice that can give me the results on an intermediate level (second level : monthly) (enclosed is the print-screen). Feel free to reply me whenever you have time. Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Mauro

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)