Veda2.0 Released!

Parametric Scenarios
Links:
DemoS_ADV_ParScen Model
Webinar Recording

We tested a webinar today, to introduce this new VEDA feature to a small group of users. I invite those who attended to comment on whether they found it useful, and how we can make such sessions more effective in future.

The first link above is the advanced Demo model, with a few extra scenario files that expose this feature. The second one is a (partial) recording of this webinar.

The extra scenario files:

Regular scenarios:
Scen_wCO2_Price
Scen_wELC-RPS
Scen_wGasPrice
Scen_wNo-Nuc

Parameteric versions:
Scen_Par-CO2Price
Scen_Par-ELC-RPS
Scen_Par-GasPrice

A multi-dimensional scenario experiment:
Scen_Par-RPS_CO2p_GasP_Nuc
Dear Amit,

Are there any documentation on the "Parametric Scenarios". I have found enough information on how to define the scenario file, but I can't find what to do next, i.e., how to get VEDA to understand that it should run all the scenarios, thus what to tick/change in the "FE Case Manager"(?).

From the Demo file I see that there is a folder called "ParScen_BackUp", I assume this is created by VEDA(?), or do I have to act in some way?

Thank you in advance

Anna
Many thanks, I see that it was the naming of the scenario file that I missed -- that the name should start with "Scen_Par-"

Now it seems to work Smile
Amit could you please post the link to the DemoS_ADV_ParScen Model files again? I cannot download the current dropbox link (which is a .7z file).

Many thanks
Neil
Hi Neil,

Please find the DemoS_ADV_ParScen Model files from the below Google drive link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sGC0gGGrVE
Dear admins,

I am trying to set up a parametric run for a UC scenario, but when I start a batch I get an 'unexpected termination of run'. One of the errors files state:

Version: 4.5.821
Model: TIMES LicType: VFTI
27/02/2020 16:00:17
Error while VEDA-FE: Type mismatch In Procedure VEDA_FE.frmSolve_T.Tbr_BatchSolve_Normal_ButtonClick [174]
{0}

The alt error log file says:

27/02/2020 14:34:15 [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.---VEDA_FE.modcommonfunctions.storeUOpt [102]
27/02/2020 14:34:17 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.---VEDA_FE.modcommonfunctions.storeUOpt [104]
27/02/2020 14:34:19 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.---VEDA_FE.modcommonfunctions.storeUOpt [106]
27/02/2020 14:34:19 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.---VEDA_FE.modcommonfunctions.storeUOpt [120]
27/02/2020 16:00:14 Type mismatch---VEDA_FE.frmSolve_T.Tbr_BatchSolve_Normal_ButtonClick [174]

I do not see why such a database problem would occur...i've tried to follow all the steps explained in the webinar.

Would anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!
L
Please post the LST file from the failed run
Hi Amit, 

i can't attach the file here, the upload is not being completed. I will send you by e-mail, but, of course, you can post your reply here.

Best,
L
are you fixing initial periods to a previous run? if yes, can you try without that?
"Fix Years Upto" in Control Panel is not selected. 

The model is running with Elastic Demand though, so there is a previous scenario linked to it. Could ir it be related to it?
yes, please try without elastic demands
I still get Unexpected Termination of Run...
send the LST file again
are you running the model straight out of VEDA or are there some external DD files involved?
I am running straight from VEDA... no external DD files, not that I know of.