Veda2.0 Released!

xpress.opt & VEDA_FE
Dear Amit,
I see that the cplex.opt is a part of VEDA_FE. Is it possible to also include xpress.opt?
Pernille
Hi Pernille,
If you click on the down arrow you'll see XPRESS.
Gary
Dear Gary and Amit,

I meant that you are not able to specify the solution algorithm, barrier options and number of threads directly in VEDA_FE. This needs to be defined in the xpress.opt file while it can be defined directly in VEDA_FE for CPLEX.

Pernille
Hi Pernille,
Pernille.S Wrote:I meant that you are not able to specify the solution algorithm, barrier options and number of threads directly in VEDA_FE. This needs to be defined in the xpress.opt file while it can be defined directly in VEDA_FE for CPLEX.

Are you not able to do that?  When I first select Xpress in the Case Manager, and then click on XPRESS, I get a dialog where I can select the algorithm and number of threads for Xpress.

[Edit:] You are right it does not seem to work very well; For example, the number of threads specified doesn't get written into the options file.

I apologize for my unclear and somehow not correct question.

Yes, I can define algorithm method (simplex or barrier) and I can choose number of threads but I am not able to include rerun in VEDA_FE, but this is possible with CPLEX. Also the option file has more options for CPLEX than XPRESS in VEDA_FE (but I just need rerun at the moment).

Pernille

You are right Pernille, VEDA gives you control over very few solver options. I will think of a better approach, but here is what you can try for immediate relief: just write all the options you want in cplex.opt in your gams_wrk folder and dont click the CPLEX button on the solve form after this. VEDA writes solver options only when instructed from the solver options form.
Pernille,
In the meantime you can trying sticking your own XPRESS.OPT in the GAMS_WrkTIMES (run) folder and selecting the OTHER option - it should leave the OPT files alone (though needs to be tested to confirm).
Gary
Thank you for the suggestion. I usually include my own xpress.opt file in each GAMS_Wrk folder but I choose the XPRESS option in VEDA_FE and this seem to work. Why should I choose OTHER?
Pernille