Veda2.0 Released!

PRCCOMEMI table
Hi Everyone 

I experienced a small change while updating VEDA in December. 

In our definition of CO2 emission we have used the PRCCOMEMI table. The setup is making a combined CO2 emission from the industry INDCO2 and individual emissions from each subsector e.g. IADCO2. Until i updated VEDA this setup has been working fine, however now it seems like it randomly applies the emission to some technologies. i haven´t been able to find the relation in how the emissions are applied, e.g. in the IADCO2 emissions only coal emissions are applied, but just for a few of the technologies. It was in TIMES view i found only a few of the processes have an CO2 emission applied.
I manage to somehow make a quick fix in December by simply changing the table to COMEMI, which actually worked (although it shouldn´t). I asume it only worked until a did a start from scratch, where it broke again. 

I couldn´t find any information that the structure has change, but perhaps i just need a small correction?

All the other COMEMI tables work just as the did before, so no issue there. Also, all other results are exactly as before Smile 

Hope some of you might have experienced something similar and can help me or have some suggestions for me?

Best regards, 
MIkkel
Veda FE version 4.5.812

Attached Files
.xlsx   Book2.xlsx (Size: 424.67 KB / Downloads: 11)
Hello Mikkel,

I am unable to locate the issue with only this information. Can you please send me a test case and the output you are looking?

You can post the test case model here on the forum or else you can be sent me an email at support@kanors.com.
(11-02-2019, 12:17 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Hello Mikkel,

I am unable to locate the issue with only this information. Can you please send me a test case and the output you are looking?

You can post the test case model here on the forum or else you can be sent me an email at support@kanors.com.

Hi Vikrant 

Thanks Smile

I found another solution to locate the emissions. But as soon i come back from vacation (monday the 18) i will send a test case model.

Best regards, 
Mikkel
Hi Mikkel and Vikrant,

Did you find a solution to the problem? If so, could you please post it here? I am experiencing the same problem with my PRCCOMEMI tables...

Best regards,
Erik
Hi Erik,

We have reviewed the source code again and did not found any possible cause of this problem.

Can you reproduce the issue in a model which you can share with us?
(26-02-2019, 03:33 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Hi Erik,

We have reviewed the source code again and did not found any possible cause of this problem.

Can you reproduce the issue in a model which you can share with us?

I have sent you an email.
@Vikrant: Did you reproduce the issue with Erik's model? What was the reason for the problems?
Yes Antti, Issue reproduced with Erik's model.

Recently I found a case where user created a huge ~ProcComEMI table without using any wildcards in process column and that is taking so much time to import.
So I made two changes in table processing to reduce the processing time by direct dumping of records which don't have wildcards and grouping the similar filter to process them once. but somehow I missed the case where same process filter with different commodities and that is the cause of the issue in Erik's model.

And latest VedaInstaller is updated for this bug fix.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UPD table row did not generate any records diana.perezsanchez@vito.be 5 8,086 11-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: annagnv
  Info: UPD table row did not generate any records in SysSettings RodrigoCR 1 1,922 24-12-2020, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Antti-L
  COMEMI table JozefO 2 3,112 01-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: JozefO
  Using TFM_UPD table to project costs NeilGrant 2 4,949 12-09-2019, 09:33 PM
Last Post: NeilGrant
  Problem in importing ~COMAGG table saleh 5 11,954 05-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Vikrant
  TFM_INS Table is not working Tanzeel 2 6,495 18-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Tanzeel
  ~TFM_UPD table row did not generate any records. Lukas 0 3,458 18-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Lukas
  Cannot modify design of Table 'Error_Table'. It is in a read only database. utsavjha 0 4,098 08-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Last Post: utsavjha
  simplified ~TFM_INS table Kannan 15 32,639 14-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Last Post: AKanudia
  fill table dvanre 1 5,649 22-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Last Post: AKanudia