Veda2.0 Released!

Unexpected commodity groups in new VEDA
Dear Amit,

I have started to test my model in VEDA 2.0 in order to prepare it for migration.

And together with Evangelos, we found some strange treatment of SubRES files. New Veda is generating _ENVO commodity group for processes which have a "ENV_ACT" attribute in SubRES files, but same thing is not applied such processes in BY templates. Also VEDA 2 generates commodity group _NRGI for my nuclear power processes, which exists only in SubRES files. Additionally New VEDA is generating dummy commodity names and groups for user constraints, despite the fact I have disabled this option from "User options". I s there way to disable it completely?

All this commodity names and groups can be found .dd files, but didn't show up in listing file. Is there any reason for this that new VEDA treats SubRES files differently? 

Also for clarification: is asterisk (*) symbol can be used as complete substitute for listing all possible values (e.g. under the attribute "timeslice" to pick all timeslices)? For me currently it is not working? Also I didn't find information about it in documentation section about differences between new and old versions.

Best regards,
Bakha
can you send me a part of this model so that I can see the exact cases?

did you re-import the scenarios with UCs after disabling the option?

Wildcards don't work in the timeslice col. They didn't in the old version either.
Hi Amit,

I have sent you my SubRES file as private message, let me know if you need anything additionally. I can send also GDX_diff results

Thanks,
Bakha
thanks for the file, but it will be more efficient to do this over a web meeting. Can we meet in an hour or so?
(09-04-2021, 03:06 PM)AKanudia Wrote: thanks for the file, but it will be more efficient to do this over a web meeting. Can we meet in an hour or so?

Can we schedule a meeting for next Tuesday, today I can´t access my work PC from home somehow? For Tuesday I will check everything and prepare for discussion.