Veda2.0 Released!

UC subsidies
Hello everyone,

We have faced some issues with building UC for subsidies.

We have NCAP subsidies for technologies changing each year. Also we have to limit  total amount of subsidies available for specific period. Please see Excel file attached.

The problem now is that model chooses much more new process than total subsidies amount. Is subsidy UC wrong built?

Another Q – in transport sector we have build modal choice with three distances and stock (cars, trains, bikes etc.)– in units. How could we make model to by round number of new technologies without commas?

Greetings,
Signe

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scen_SUB.xlsx (Size: 17.96 KB / Downloads: 9)
I could not see any UC in the file, but there was a REG_CUMCST(LV,2026-2036,INVSUB,UP) defined, which defines an upper bound on the cumulative amount of annualized investment subsidies for the year range 2026–2036, in region LV.  And your bound value is reasonably large, 1230 MEUR.

I am not sure how you have determined that "model chooses much more new process than total subsidies amount".   Are you saying that your cumulative annualized subsidies 2026–2036 are larger than that cumulative bound?  If so, can you tell how you verified that being so?
(25-06-2020, 03:08 PM)SAO Wrote: How could we make model to by round number of new technologies without commas?
Do you mean to force the amounts of new capacity to be integer numbers?  You can do that by using Integer Programming, but it may increase the solution time significantly.  You can activate DSC (the discrete capacity extension) and use NCAP_DISC for forcing new capacity amounts to be restricted to integral values. But I don't think it is a very reasonable option for technologies like cars and bikes.
Thank You so much for a quick replay! I have another Q - could you please tell how to build right TFM_INS (or other) table so  ACT_BOUND would refer to a sum of more processes (defined in column Pset_PN) and not for each of the processes? In attached example - I need to define ACT_BOUND~LO for TSDTBI-X0 and TSDTBI-ST to be at least 353 in TOTAL not each of them to be at least 353.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scen_LOBND.xlsx (Size: 12.46 KB / Downloads: 4)
To define a lower bound for the combined activity of TSDTBI-X0 and TSDTBI-ST, you need a user constraint, see example in the picture below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(29-06-2020, 08:21 PM)Antti-L Wrote: To define a lower bound for the combined activity of TSDTBI-X0 and TSDTBI-ST, you need a user constraint, see example in the picture below.

Thank you so much! Your answer is very helpful!