Veda2.0 Released!

CommGrp for NCAP_AFC
Hello,

I have a storage process converting ELC to STGELC. According to part-II of the documentation:

"If the input/output commodities are different (c1/c2): Use NCAP_AFC(c1) for bounding the input flow and NCAP_AFC(c2) for bounding the output flow."
I'm not sure how to define CommGrp for NCAP_AFC in a TFM_INS table.

If I am trying to bound the output of STGELC, for instance, should it just be NCAP_AFC(timeslice=windy day, year=2020, Pset_PN=STGLIION, CommGrp=STGELC)=0 (all regions column)? Where CommGrp is a column added to TFM_INS?

Thanks.
I attempted to define it in a F~IT table in SubRes_NewTechs in the attached model, but it seems that VEDA is reading the F~IT table above the NCAP_AFC table and yielding error messages after SYNC that say things like "cell has non-numeric value [Investment Cost] - ignored", which are the comments from the demo files. They were fine before I added a second F~IT table.
It seems the two tables are interfering with each other. Could you please suggest why this may be happening?
Parenthetically, have I defined the user-defined commodity group GRDSTG correctly in SysSettings?

Thanks.

Attached Files
.zip   input2.zip (Size: 998.76 KB / Downloads: 5)
(11-03-2020, 03:15 AM)ach Wrote: I have a storage process converting ELC to STGELC. According to part-II of the documentation:

"If the input/output commodities are different (c1/c2): Use NCAP_AFC(c1) for bounding the input flow and NCAP_AFC(c2) for bounding the output flow."
I'm not sure how to define CommGrp for NCAP_AFC in a TFM_INS table.

If I am trying to bound the output of STGELC, for instance, should it just be NCAP_AFC(timeslice=windy day, year=2020, Pset_PN=STGLIION, CommGrp=STGELC)=0 (all regions column)? Where CommGrp is a column added to TFM_INS?
Yes, you have read the documentation correctly.  If the output commodity is c2, use NCAP_AFC(c2) for bounding the output flow.  You mentioned that your c2 is STGELC, and so you should define NCAP_AFC(STGELC) for bounding the output flow.  In a VEDA TFM_INS table, commodity names can be specified in the Cset_CN column. Defining NCAP_AFC works well this way, at least in my models.

You cannot use any user-defined commodity groups in NCAP_AFC for storage; only the input/output commodities, COM_TYPE and 'ACT' can be specified as the cg index, as you can also conclude from the documentation (Part II, section 4.3.7 Availability factors for storage processes).