Veda2.0 Released!

Commodity Names: Maximum length
Dear community

Once in a while, I experience the issue that commodity-names in my TIMES-model are too long - I believe that names can be up to 25 characters long.

Of course I can tackle this by simply shortening the names, but sometimes this is not very suitable as it would come along with losing important information within the commodity-name.

Do you know of any way for increasing the allowed length of commodity-names? Or some alternative approach for overcoming this issue?

Thank you and kind regards,
Sandro
Veda2.0, which is under beta testing, will not impose any limit on length of tech/comm names.
(05-03-2020, 05:54 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Veda2.0, which is under beta testing, will not impose any limit on length of tech/comm names.

Thanks for the immediate reply. Can you estimate when Veda2.0 will become available as non-beta version?
One should remember that in GAMS, labels may only be up to 63 characters long.  An error is issued if longer are used.  Therefore, it would be wise not to allow such in VEDA either, so that users would not waste time handling with the GAMS errors. And besides, using such a reasonable limit would most probably also make the database smaller in size and faster to process.   Shy