Veda2.0 Released!

Linking IMPNRGZ and IMPDEMZ to commodities
Hi there,

I'm currently defining a new demand and set of commodities in my model (a version of TIAM), in order to represent the cement industry properly. I am taking the demand commodity INM (Industry Non-Metals), and dis-aggregating this into ICM (demand commodity for cement) and INM (demand forĀ remaining non-metals). I have then created a commodity IPCM (Process-Heat Cement) which can be produced to meet this demand for ICM.

I've defined the commodities ICM (demand commodity) and IPCM (energy commodity) in the same way as INM and IPNM were defined in my model, and created a set of processes to meet demand. This all works and the model solves.

However, ICM is currently not linked with IMPDEMZ (dummy import of DEM) and IPCM is not currently linked with IMPNRGZ (dummy import of NRG). I guess this means that if I put certain constraints on the model it would fail to solve, as it can't currently meet demand using IMPDEMZ/IMPNGRZ.

Does anyone know how, when defining new commodities, you can ensure that they are linked with their respective dummy import processes?

Many thanks in advance,

Neil
In which template have you defined these commodities? How did you conclude that they are not linked to the dummy import processes?
(07-08-2019, 08:11 PM)AKanudia Wrote: In which template have you defined these commodities? How did you conclude that they are not linked to the dummy import processes?

Hi Amit,
I defined these commodities in anĀ ~FI_Comm table in a COMM tab of the Base-Year templates. So for example, in my Base Year template for Chinese Industry (VT_CHI_IND_V1p1.xlsx in TIAM), I have defined each commodity there. See the attached table for an example (I've only uploaded an example of the ~FI_Comm table, not the whole Base Year template - let me know if that would be more helpful).

I concluded that they're not linked to dummy import processes because when you view these commodities in Commodity Master they are not linked with dummy import processes, whereas for other commodites (e.g. INM or IPNM) then the dummy processes are observable.

Thanks,
Neil

Attached Files
.xlsx   Declaring ICM and IPCM.xlsx (Size: 13.79 KB / Downloads: 7)
Hello Neil,

Please re-import the trades to resolve this. let us know if re-import is not resolving the issue.
(08-08-2019, 02:27 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Hello Neil,

Please re-import the trades to resolve this. let us know if re-import is not resolving the issue.

That worked wonderfully - thanks Vikrant!