Veda2.0 Released!

CCS representation in Africa
Hi there,

First time posting, apologies if this is in the wrong place! 

I'm currently using the global TIAM model for a project. There seems to be electricity technologies with CCS defined in all regions but Africa (eg. from inspecting EZBIO* in TIMES view in VEDA-FE). I'd like to introduce these to Africa, but I'm not sure where the regional specification of availability of new technologies might be?

The BASE_Sequestration file includes CCS technologies, but doesn't specify anything regional, and the regional base year files don't include CCS for any region.

Any advice much appreciated!

Best regards,

Sheridan
(14-06-2019, 09:47 PM)sheridan Wrote: Hi there,

First time posting, apologies if this is in the wrong place! 

I'm currently using the global TIAM model for a project. There seems to be electricity technologies with CCS defined in all regions but Africa (eg. from inspecting EZBIO* in TIMES view in VEDA-FE). I'd like to introduce these to Africa, but I'm not sure where the regional specification of availability of new technologies might be?

The BASE_Sequestration file includes CCS technologies, but doesn't specify anything regional, and the regional base year files don't include CCS for any region.

Any advice much appreciated!

Best regards,

Sheridan

Hello sheridan

I have not worked with TIAM model. But, availability of new technology per region is usually controlled by ~TFM_AVA table in SubRes_XXX_trans file. Check whether that is the case in your model. You can set either 0 or 1 to make a technology unavailable/ available in a particular region in ~TFM_AVA table.
(16-06-2019, 01:07 PM)pdas Wrote: Hello sheridan

I have not worked with TIAM model. But, availability of new technology per region is usually controlled by ~TFM_AVA table in SubRes_XXX_trans file. Check whether that is the case in your model. You can set either 0 or 1 to make a technology unavailable/ available in a particular region in ~TFM_AVA table.

Thanks, pdas! That seems to have sorted it.  Smile