Veda2.0 Released!

VEDA installation on Windows Server: simultaneous use of the software
Hi and happy new year to the VEDA team.

I have installed VEDA on a machine with Windows Server 2016.
Only one VEDA installation is permitted by machine.

All fine and 2 users (with admin permissions) can remote on the server and use VEDA_FE (for example) simultaneously as long as different directories are set up as "workdir" where to run the model.
However using the same VEDA each time one of the users open VEDA_FE all set-up is fixed to the last user environment (model source, work directory.....) and that can create some confusion.
Is there anyway of fixing this problem? (so each user has its personal environment set-up automatically when restarting VEDA_FE and same for VEDA_BE of course)

Sorry if I've been unclear in what I am describing and what I would like to achieve - please do not hesitate to request clarification from me.

Kind regards,
Thanks,

Olivier Dessens
Olivier.
Happy New Year to you too Olivier.

The current version of VEDA is not ready for a multi-user environment. I won't be surprised if you face database errors if certain operations are performed concurrently by the two users. I suggest you wait a couple months; the new VEDA will work well the way you are setting things up. Of course, model folders will still remain separate for different users.
(03-01-2019, 09:45 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Happy New Year to you too Olivier.

The current version of VEDA is not ready for a multi-user environment. I won't be surprised if you face database errors if certain operations are performed concurrently by the two users. I suggest you wait a couple months; the new VEDA will work well the way you are setting things up. Of course, model folders will still remain separate for different users.

Thanks Amit.

Waiting for the new version.

Olivier
Olivier.
Hi Amit,

Follow up on my question concerning the installation of VEDA on a windows server.
Did you had success in developing the new version of VEDA for "multi-users"?

Thanks for the update.

Olivier
Olivier.
Yes Olivier. The entire KanORS team has been working hard on it for longer than anticipated. Hope to have a usable version ready by the next ETSAP meeting.
(19-03-2019, 10:46 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Yes Olivier. The entire KanORS team has been working hard on it for longer than anticipated. Hope to have a usable version ready by the next ETSAP meeting.

Thanks for the update.

Olivier.
Olivier.
(19-03-2019, 10:46 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Yes Olivier. The entire KanORS team has been working hard on it for longer than anticipated. Hope to have a usable version ready by the next ETSAP meeting.

Dear Amit,

I hope the ETSAP meeting last month in Paris has been successful.
Unfortunately I couldn't attend the meeting.

I was wondering if the VEDA version for Windows-Server has been finalized and presented during the ETSAP workshop?

Kind regards,
Olivier.
Olivier.

Hi Amit,
Any updates on this?

Yours sincerely,
Olivier.
still a few weeks away. We have been alpha testing with a few users.
Hi Amit,

Any update on the installation of VEDA on a server (windows 2019) to get multi users availability?

Thanks

Olivier
Olivier.
(11-07-2019, 12:24 AM)AKanudia Wrote: still a few weeks away. We have been alpha testing with a few users.

Hi Amit,

Hope all fine with the development of the VEDA software under multiple users as installed in a Windows Server?

Any problem with this new "alpha" version testing? Could we be part of the testing if it is still ongoing; or has this development been abandoned?

Thanks for your response.

Olivier
Olivier.
Sure, we will get you set up for testing later this week.
(21-10-2019, 10:32 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Sure, we will get you set up for testing later this week.

Thanks Amit.
I hope it will work fine (I'm always nervous about testing something new).

Olivier
Olivier.
(21-10-2019, 10:32 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Sure, we will get you set up for testing later this week.

Hi Amit,

I (or more precisely we - as it would be for multiple users) would be ready to test the version supporting multiple users for the VEDA_FE & BE on a Windows Server 2019.
I am waiting for your instructions when you are ready.

Kind regards,
Olivier.
We will be in touch with you later this week. Wed or Thu.