Download the latest version of VEDA-FE (45834) and VEDA-BE (492018)

Veda Application Installation guide

Problems to sync a small model with 8736 time-slices
(13-03-2018, 08:04 PM)Antti-L Wrote: GDX2VEDA.exe is located in the GAMS system folder.  There is the GDX2VEDA.exe you have been using for generating the .vd files for BE.  Get rid of that old version from 2005, which you for some reason now took into use. As you can see, you have not been using it (it does not work with your version of GAMS).

Ah, I initially searched the VEDA folder for the exe, but now found it and it works. Smile

However, I observed that there are three CSV files written and two of them are empty - is suppose this is desired behaviour?

Moreover, it seems not to the possible to hand over an absolute path as the third argument like
        gdx2veda .gdx flows.vdd "d:\path\to\file\name.csv"

since the file always is written to the current working directory, or am I doing something wrong here?

I found this GDX2VEDA documentation but could not yet figure out, if it is possible to filter a process or commodity directly through the flows.vdd file.
Could you maybe provide a little example like processes = [ELC, GAS, CO2] or so?

Thanks in advance!
I don't see much loss in generality.  You can always run GDX2VEDA from within the folder where you want the CSV file to be written. But sure, it would also be easy to make a small CMD script that would automatically take you to the folder of the path given for the CSV file, and then execute GDX2VEDA there, using just the name of the CSV file. And deleting the two empty files automatically would be very easy as well.

As to the "little example like processes = [ELC, GAS, CO2]", I am not sure what you mean by that. I am neither affiliated with GAMS nor KanOrs. There is a GAMS Forum for any GAMS related questions:
Perfect! Just wanted to say a Big Thank You to Antti and Amit for your good ideas and help on that!

I tried the GDX2VEDA utily at first but finally decided to directly process the .VD file as suggested by Amit!
Of course, I'll be happy to share my python code, even though somewhat taylored to our needs...
Still, if anyone wants to have it, just let me know ... Smile
Dear all, 

I am facing the same problem. Have you found any solution to encounter this problem ? 
As suggested by Antti, I pushed the Maxlocksperfile to the max but the problem persists. 

Here is a screenshot from the errors.log file. 

Thank you in advance,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Since that time, I think VEDA has now moved into using ACE, and so for setting MaxLocksPerFile, you could now try that under the ACE registry key instead of Jet 4.0:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\NN.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines\ACE

In the above, NN is the Office version you are using.
Make sure to close VEDA and restart before testing.
Thank you Antti for the precision, I gave it a try using the directory you indicated but It didn't help.

I will try to split to subRES file that causes the error.
This also might be a good opportunity to move to Veda2.0, which uses PostgreSQL.

Email me if you are interested.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)