Veda2.0 Released!

Creating a Region and Trade
Dear Forum,

I have a simple 1-region model that I am adding a 2nd region to. I added demand for REG2 in my BY-Template as outlined on page 69 of Part IV of manuals. In the regions box of the case manager if I select both REG1 and REG2 the model has an unexpected termination. If I only select Reg2 then the model works fine and the demand for ELC in REG 2 is met. If I then add REG1 (which has a small demand) then the model will not solve and is an unexpected termination of run. Any suggestions? I have attached my model and the simple Trade_Links files and the .lst file in the Feb 25 BAU zip.

Thank you,

Mike

Log:

[GAMS_SRC]: GAMS_SRCTIMESV415
[RunforIRE]: cmbExistRuns
[IREPrices]: Not Selected
[IREBounds]: Not Selected
[Scenarios]: .BASE.SysSettings.
[Regions]: .REG1.REG2.
[EndYear]: 2007

Attached Files
.xls   VT_REG_PRI_V01.XLS (Size: 233.5 KB / Downloads: 5)
.xls   ScenTrade__Trade_Links.XLS (Size: 38.5 KB / Downloads: 8)
.zip   Feb_25_BAU.zip (Size: 24.01 KB / Downloads: 5)
The listing file says:

**** THE MODEL EXCEEDS THE DEMO LIMITS
**** MAX MATRIX ROWS          300
**** MAX MATRIX COLUMNS       300
**** MAX NON ZERO ELEMENTS   2000
**** MAX NON LINEAR N-Z      1000
**** MAX DISCRETE VARIABLES    50
**** Terminated due to a licensing error

This means that you have a GAMS licensing problem. I have no idea why you would have such a problem with GAMS, but I do see that you are now suddenly using a more recent version of GAMS. Your previous listing file showed that you used GAMS 24.7.4, but now you are using GAMS 24.9.2. Maybe your license does not cover the newer version?  Rolleyes

Could you test with the GAMS 24.7.4 and the license you used still yesterday, and see if that works?
hmm. This is strange. I have purchased a GAMS license and was instructed to upgrade GAMS by Amit to this new version. I may be using the older version 24.7.4 on the server computer (EPA model) and my personal computer is had been running the new version 24.9.2 just fine. I will test on the server as soon as I get to work tomorrow morning. I will also see if my license covers the newest version of GAMS and contact them first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help!