Veda2.0 Released!

VEDA 4.5.5
In VEDA 4.5.5 the Scenario files are shown exactly as they are named in FE Navigator.
However, in FE Case Manager, all scenarios seem to have become uppercase (see attachment).

Is it possible to switch this behaviour off anywhere?
In our case, the scenarios now just consume way more space than needed and are also harder to read...
(10-11-2017, 06:02 PM)fg Wrote: In VEDA 4.5.5 the Scenario files are shown exactly as they are named in FE Navigator.
However, in FE Case Manager, all scenarios seem to have become uppercase (see attachment).

Is it possible to switch this behaviour off anywhere?
In our case, the scenarios now just consume way more space than needed and are also harder to read...

I support Fabian on this; all caps look strange.
Additional issue: is it possible to make Veda create xlsx Scenario (and SubRES, VT, etc) files instead of xls? I guess, locally one could convert all the .xls files in C:\VEDA\VEDA_FE\VFE_Tmpl\Model_Tmpl to .xlsx... but Veda still probably picks up only xls files, right?
OK, we will address both these issues.
The following issues are resolved in latest version 450512.

#1 Scenario name is capital letters on CaseManager
Now Case Manager will list scenario names as they appear on the Navigator.

#2 Veda should create new scenario as xlsx file
Now the user has full control over the format of new files created via VEDA - .xls/.xlsx/.xlsb. You just need to save the file template in desired format. All template files exist in "VEDA\VEDA_FE\VFE_Tmpl\Model_Tmpl" folder. Do leave only one format for each template. You could have different templates in different formats, if you want.

#3 UC_N descriptions will appear in DD files (thanks to a discussion with Antti)
Great! Thanks a lot. :-)
Has the hyperlink to download it from been posted anywhere already?
Yes Olex, download the latest installer from support website and do update.
(17-11-2017, 07:11 PM)Vikrant Wrote: The following issues are resolved in latest version 450512.

#1 Scenario name is capital letters on CaseManager
Now Case Manager will list scenario names as they appear on the Navigator.

#2 Veda should create new scenario as xlsx file
Now the user has full control over the format of new files created via VEDA - .xls/.xlsx/.xlsb. You just need to save the file template in desired format. All template files exist in "VEDA\VEDA_FE\VFE_Tmpl\Model_Tmpl" folder. Do leave only one format for each template. You could have different templates in different formats, if you want.

#3 UC_N descriptions will appear in DD files (thanks to a discussion with Antti)

Vikrant, I don't seem to be able to make #2 work as described in your post. When converting all the files (or only some of them) to .xlsx in the Model_Tmpl folder, Veda_FE 450512 starts looking for an installer and won't work before the files are converted back to .xls. Veda_FE 450515 seems more confusing: there is e.g. 1RegScen.xls, RegScen.xls, and RegScen.xlsx in the Model_Tmpl folder... If I delete e.g. RegScen.xls, FE complains.

So how do I make my FE create only xlsx files?

Thanks in advance,
Olex
Olex,

I am sure you have both(.xls and .xlsx) files in Model_Tmpl folder. Otherwise, it should work as I said.

Can you post the screenshot of VFE_Tmpl\Model_Tmpl folder?
(05-01-2018, 01:08 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Olex,

I am sure you have both(.xls and .xlsx) files in Model_Tmpl folder. Otherwise, it should work as I said.

Can you post the screenshot of VFE_Tmpl\Model_Tmpl folder?

Hi Vikrant,

I did not notice your response until now, somehow. Unfortunately, VEDA_FE won't work as you described.
I am attaching two screenshots: 1) of the VFE_Tmpl\Model_Tmpl folder and 2) of the error thrown by VEDA_FE when I try to create new SubRES.

Cheers,
Olex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Olex, I sent you the latest version download link using email, please try if that resolves your issue.
(22-01-2018, 10:32 AM)Vikrant Wrote: Olex, I sent you the latest version download link using email, please try if that resolves your issue.

Thanks a lot, Vikrant! I works well now. Big Grin