Veda2.0 Released!

Open VEDA FE ERROR 0
I have a trail version of VEDA on my computer. Previously, I have no problem opening VEDA FE and running program. However, from last week, I met problem when opening VEDA FE. It shows ERROR 0 as the picture attached. How can I solve this problem? Many thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you updated to VFE version 4.5.5?
(08-11-2017, 01:39 AM)AKanudia Wrote: Have you updated to VFE version 4.5.5?

No, I did not. My version is 4.5.415
http://forum.kanors-emr.org/showthread.php?tid=571
(08-11-2017, 02:17 AM)AKanudia Wrote: http://forum.kanors-emr.org/showthread.php?tid=571
Should I save all XLS files as XLSX files or just try to download the new version from the end of the thread you just provided and reinstall?
This latest version has lots of changes and refinements, so we are suggesting you to get updated version.
And no re-installation required to get latest just download the installer and press the update button.
Dear Vikrant,

I downloaded the new update EXE when Amit provided the link here on the Forum.
When I execute it, it first asks do I want to install/update, but then, at the next step, I get just the following dialog:

I have not dared to push that button, because I only want to update my existing VEDA_FE, and I need to be able to roll-back if it does not process my models in such a way that the DD files will be exactly the same as before.

Do you have any advice on how to ensure that only an update takes place and I can easily roll-back?

Thanks,
Antti

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear Antti,

Could you please tell me the path of your existing installation? And version of existing VEDA applications?
B:\VEDA, and that's where I execute the installer.

Existing FE is VEDA-FE 4.5.414.
(08-11-2017, 10:29 AM)Vikrant Wrote: This latest version has lots of changes and refinements, so we are suggesting you to get updated version.
And no re-installation required to get latest just download the installer and press the update button.

Dear Vikrant,

I downloaded the installer and updated as suggested by you. So far, my VEDA FE works again. Thank you very much!
(08-11-2017, 02:42 PM)Antti-L Wrote: B:\VEDA, and that's where I execute the installer.

Existing FE is VEDA-FE 4.5.414.

Dear Antti,

If you rename the VEDA_FE.EXE and VEDA_BE.EXE before executing the installer, This could be the only reason for this strange behaviour of installer on your machine.

Let us know If this is not the case, We will create a small debug application to collect some information from your machine. and that information will write in a log file which create on the path of that application.

The only known issue with installer which not resolved yet is encrypted drives. But in that case installer show error message.