Veda2.0 Released!

Discrete investment for trade processes
Hello,

I have a multiregional model with bilateral trades. These are capacity-constrained, and I would like to introduce discrete-size investments for expansion options. I do not really how to proceed, since trade processes are declared implicitly (I put the process names directly in the trade matrix). So far, I tried:
- add NCAP_DISC (with Other_Indexes) in a scenario file (insertion table), but the processes are not declared as DSCINV. I do see the different discrete size in VFE (e.g. VEDA view) ;
- declaring the processes as discrete in the BY.

None of these worked - I end up with a compilation error. Looking at the scenario file where I added NCAP_DISC, I always get "Region.Year.TradeProcess.- Value", where I guess that the missing dimension .- is the discrete size index.

Any idea how I could do this?

Thank you,

Stéphane
I tried it in the DEMO model for TB_ELC_ROW_WEU_01 and it worked well (using a regular scenario).

If you tried it in a trade scenario, try a regular scenario instead.
Works indeed as a regular scenario.

Thank you.
Thanks for confirming.  If defining some attributes for trade processes does not work in Trade scenarios, I think one might well consider it a bug in VEDA.

Experimenting with my moderator rights, I took the opportunity to tag this thread as Important, awaiting for a response from the VEDA developers as to the explanation for the issue.

For admins: Please remove the tag when some developer response has been given.