Veda2.0 Released!

'Termination of run' after syncing the same model
Hi all,

I am running a large model created by someone else, and the model runs fine when I run the exact version that was sent to me.

However, as soon as I re-save and/or re-import the same exact VT_... file and sync, I get 'Termination of run' error as the model starts.

I've been told this is a VEDA issue, and below are the listing files for the original-working version and the one after I re-imported (the same/exact) VT file.

P.S. I get the same issue after I ‘start from scratch’

Can someone please help ?

Thanks
Lesh

UKTM_LowGHG-working1.txt
UKTM_LowGHG-after-sync1.txt
The model works if I re-import the SubRes, Scenario or demand files, it's only when I re-import the VT_.. files that I have this issue.
Let me know if the current version that I sent you helps. I have access to a version of this model and I was not able to reproduce your problem.
Thanks to Amit and Vikrant,

The problem was that you cannot have a 'sector' name and a 'scenario' name as identical. The model was then duplicating the inputs and causing 'Termination of run' due to repetition of values.

Regards
Lesh
We will update VEDA-FE to issue a critical warning in SYNC log for this situation.

Good to know this.

But how is it possible that Amit was not able to reproduce the problem? Was it a different version of the model, not using any identical 'sector' name and a 'scenario' name?

BTW, I can see the scenario names in the listing file provided by Lesh, and I find it hard to imagine any of those being used as a sector name. Which one was the problem name?

Thanks.

Probably a different model version.

The problem name was 'Accounting'.
Thanks for your positive bias Lesh, but I did not test carefully enough. I had tried start from scratch but not reimport of BY.