Veda2.0 Released!

Questions about how to define industry process

Industry process will contain multiple inputs and outputs. My question is how to explain the value of EFF defined in demo model? I also define several industry process, but it shows that there are some problem of "Process with no PCG".

Existing technologies for raw iron production ~FI_T
End-Use TechName TechDesc Comm-IN Comm-OUT Consumption Production Stock Life FIXOM EFF
* Unit             Mt Years Eur/ton  
  IISBLAFUR00 IIS.Iron Blast Furnace.00. MISPLT MISRIR 1 1 230 30   0.5
      MISSNT MISBFS 1 0.25        
      MISOXY INDBFG 1 1.9        
      COAHAR   5.2          
      ELC   0.55          

Hi Sharonchang,

I fully agree with you that the simultaneous use of the EFF and the Consumption parameters would need some explanation.  After all, the DEMO model is supposed to demonstrate good modeling practices. I can only note that TIMES automatically removes the Consumption parameters for the MAT inputs in this case (because of the EFF), and so the EFF parameter will be left to govern the main process transformation. The process shadow group is MAT (material).

Unfortunately, I have no idea who has built the DEMO model. I think we would need help either from Amit or Vikrant here, as I am sure they must have some information as to who has built the DEMO model, and can forward the question to that person.

Well, I admit that the DEMO model falls short of what I have seen it being used for. It was mainly meant to test VEDA-FE installation - by matching the Objective function value with the run that comes with VEDA-BE. I had also included some alternate ways of specifying things, mainly to expose the immense flexibility of TIMES and VEDA. But establishing good modeling practices was not on my list.

Thanks for highlighting this issue; I will replace this demo with a better model soon. In the mean time, please use these demo models that are designed with a pedagogical viewpoint: https://www.dropbox.com/s/haupih3zetn1585/IEA-ETSAP_Basic_DemoS_Jan2014.zip

Thanks a lot for your reply!

And could you please send me the demo file via email? I can't download the file through the linkage:
(27-10-2015, 11:40 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Well, I admit that the DEMO model falls short of what I have seen it being used for. It was mainly meant to test VEDA-FE installation - by matching the Objective function value with the run that comes with VEDA-BE. I had also included some alternate ways of specifying things, mainly to expose the immense flexibility of TIMES and VEDA. But establishing good modeling practices was not on my list.

Thanks for highlighting this issue; I will replace this demo with a better model soon. In the mean time, please use these demo models that are designed with a pedagogical viewpoint: https://www.dropbox.com/s/haupih3zetn1585/IEA-ETSAP_Basic_DemoS_Jan2014.zip

Dear Amit,

Could you please also send it to me? The link is not working unfortunately.
Regards,
Fanni
Dear Sharonchang and Fanni,

Please find the link of demo models here and here.