Veda2.0 Released!

Suggested new features in VEDA_BE
I think it would be useful with more types of sets in VEDA_BE. This includes sets of model regions and sets of time-slice levels.

Pernille
(14-09-2015, 06:23 AM)Pernille.S Wrote: I think it would be useful with more types of sets in VEDA_BE. This includes sets of model regions and sets of time-slice levels.

Pernille

Hi all,

following on to this 'old' post, I think a very useful enhancement for Veda-BE would be the have the possibility to create sets on the 'Region' dimension. 
This feature might be very useful on multi regional models, where it would make very easy to set extractions for different geographical aggregations (e.g. EU-28 in a Pan-European model).

Alessandro
Region has a special status in the current VBE as it is the 'parent' dimension for process and commodity sets. This version can readily support sets in any dimension apart from Region. We could think about this if ETSAP decides to go ahead with rebuilding VEDA-BE.

It might also be possible by creating a new version of VD files where Region is not declared as a parent dimension... but need to experiment.
Dear all,
I take the opportunity to recycle the idea we introduced in the questionnaire to introduce:
1. User-based creation of dimensions for SETS
2. Automatic refreshment of the results based on mouse clicks.

The first idea is strongly related to the Excel-based sets definition that is to be implemented. User based dimensions would allow to have more dimensions for process selection as it allows to select a process being part of SET1 AND SET2 AND SET3. In contrast today, VEDA BE will use the OR logic and show all processes belonging to SET1 OR SET2 OR SET3. I give below a visualisation of how it could look in VEDA BE. This approach creates a lot of flexibility to do smart, customised filtering.

The second idea is to eliminate the step of clicking on "View Table" and to see the results refreshed each time a new selection is made. "What I want to see next depends on what I see now".
Wouter

Attribute
          Var_FOut
Commodity
Process
Period
Region
Vintage
Timeslice
Userconstraint
Scenario
CommodityMainGroup