Veda2.0 Released!

UC on FLOW from different processes
Dear all,
I am trying to implement a UC to constraint the sum of different commodity flows from a number of processes, but probably I am doing something wrong as the constraint is not working as expected (even if during the run it seems to be binding, as the marginal value is not zero).
Can you tell me where is the error?
I am attaching the file where I implemented it

What do you see as the total flow of these commodities in the results?
(08-06-2018, 02:05 PM)AKanudia Wrote: What do you see as the total flow of these commodities in the resu
It seems to be working only for Japan somehow...

Do you have dummy imports for these constraints in the other regions?
Check it from the results for IMPNRGZ.
(08-06-2018, 02:43 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Do you have dummy imports for these constraints in the other regions?
Check it from the results for IMPNRGZ.
yes, there are!
How can I constraint these imports as well? Probably I should apply an UC_IRE but I don't know how to use it.
The dummy flows signify that your constraints are basically infeasible for other regions than Japan.
You can of course try bounding the dummy flows to zero, e.g. by defining the following bounds for the dummy commodities:
COM_BNDPRD(r,0,UC_PotentialBIOenergy-,ANNUAL,UP)=2
COM_BNDPRD(r,0,UC_PotentialBIOenergy_,ANNUAL,UP)=2

However, very likely the model would then be infeasible. Sick  Then I think you have at least the two following options:
1) Investigate where and why the remaining bioenergy that you are bounding is needed in your model, and try relaxing any constraints that lead to those remaining bioenergy requirements that you consider undesirable;
2) Relax the 10 PJ bounds of your constraints to levels that are higher than the (10+the dummy flow) in each region. The (10+dummy flow) values give the levels that are reasonably reachable in your current model.
(08-06-2018, 04:29 PM)Antti-L Wrote: The dummy flows signify that your constraints are basically infeasible for other regions than Japan.
You can of course try bounding the dummy flows to zero, e.g. by defining the following bounds for the dummy commodities:
COM_BNDPRD(r,0,UC_PotentialBIOenergy-,ANNUAL,UP)=2
COM_BNDPRD(r,0,UC_PotentialBIOenergy_,ANNUAL,UP)=2

However, very likely the model would then be infeasible. Sick  Then I think you have at least the two following options:
1) Investigate where and why the remaining bioenergy that you are bounding is needed in your model, and try relaxing any constraints that lead to those remaining bioenergy requirements that you consider undesirable;
2) Relax the 10 PJ bounds of your constraints to levels that are higher than the (10+the dummy flow) in each region. The (10+dummy flow) values give the levels that are reasonably reachable in your current model.

Ok, thanks! I will try