Veda2.0 Released!

Error Message: Unexpected termination of run
Hello all,

I'm new to working with VEDA, and although i've had our model run in the past (as recently as a week ago), the program is terminating the run of our TIAM model. I've tried reloading a fresh copy of the model from a colleague, to no avail. I'm at my wits end with it. I saw that someone posted a similar problem on the forum, although with a different error message.

I have attached the LST file from the run as I noticed that was asked for by the aforementioned member with the problem.

As far as I know, nothing has been changed although I am starting to suspect that a Windows update has knocked something out of kilter. I'm no programmer so unfortunately the error codes don't mean anything to me and a Google search hasn't unearthed anything expect the VEDA forum.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it's holding my work up.

Thanks in advance,

Stevie

Attached Files
.txt   REF-London-HG.txt (Size: 107.51 KB / Downloads: 4)
I am not a VEDA expert, but can perhaps give some helpful comments.

Concerning the GAMS errors in the listing file, these consist of two types of errors:

1. Undefined commodities and processes (the "Domain violation" errors with error code 170):
The following commodities have not been defined in your model run:
    INDCO2P
    SNKELCCO3
    SNKELCCO4
    AGRBDL
    AGRBKR
And the following processes have not been defined in your model run:
    AGR005
    INDBOI010
    TRABJK010

Although these errors are not fatal, you should try to check why these commodities and processes are not defined in the model run. As they are used in the model, they should also be defined somewhere.

2. Duplicate record errors (the "Element is redefined" errors with error code 172):
You have quite a few duplicate entries for FLO_SHAR parameters. Just to mention a few, the following FLO_SHAR parameters are defined two times in the input file BASE.DD:

IND.2006.TRTDHYP006.TRADST.TRTDHYP006_NRGI.ANNUAL.FX
     IND.2006.TRTGHYP006.TRAGSL.TRTGHYP006_NRGI.ANNUAL.FX
     IND.2006.TRTETH006.TRAGSL.TRTETH006_NRGI.ANNUAL.FX

These errors are fatal for GAMS, and your run is terminated because these errors occur.
You should try to check in VEDA-FE and your Excel templates, why these parameters are defined twice. I would suggest that you first go to Basic functions → Browse/Edit → VEDA View, and check what entries appear there e.g. for the process TRTDHYP006 in the region IND.  If you see multiple Share/Share+/FLO_SHARE parameters there, maybe you can post a screen capture of the parameters here (with all dimensions expanded)? And then you could try to see check in the templates why they are getting multiple entries in the database.

Finally, when reporting problems such as these here, I would always suggest to mention the version of VEDA-FE, MS Office and Windows that you are using.

Good luck.