Veda2.0 Released!

Steel share in the UC features
Hi Amit, I hope you're doing well, I want to ask you a question on the use of UCs features. My need is as follows: I want to set the share of each route of steel production (BF Route and EAF route), period by period, knowing that each production route has a number of production technology. It is possible to achieve. In the end, I hope that the sum of the technologies for each production route gives me this curve attached as an example.  Thank you for helping me.
regards.

PS:  I am not realy familiar with the UC scenario file syntax in VEDA FE (It is new for me). If you can send me scenario exemple, it will be more helpfull.
All my best
Ahcene
This is an example to build a commodity production user constraints. This example is based on the DEMO model.
Share approach

~UC_Sets: R_E: AllRegions

~UC_Sets: T_E:

~UC_T

UC_N Pset_PN Pset_CI Pset_CO Cset_CN Year LimType UC_FLO UC_COMPRD UC_RHSRTS UC_RHSRTS~0 UC_Desc
SUC_Share_IOIMCH IOIMCHELC* INDELC IOIMCH IOIMCH 2001 LO 1 -0.90 0 5 Min share of electric to produce IOIMCH

IOIMCHELC* INDELC IOIMCH IOIMCH 2050
1 -0.85

Thank you. The second line is assigned automatically by the model to the same constraints? If I have 10 periods, so I will create 10 lines of constraints (one per period).
The second line inherited the UC_N from the first line.

If you want you can create 10 lines, one for each period, or interpolate between periods. Fro example this constraints is interpolating between 2001 - 2050. The interpolation is activated from the column UC_RHSRTS~0 and the rule used in this case is the number 5. You can find more interpolation/extrapolations rules on the TIMES manual or on the gettingstarted
Thank you.
Regards

Hello,

This representation of the "UC" is it correct? Knowing that it does not work the way I want. I need to impose a constraint on the share of steel production from the BF route up to 2025. And beyond 2025 to 2050, I want that the model to be free to choose the share of steel production (unrestricted). Thank you for your help.

~UC_Sets: R_E: FR

~UC_T

UC_N

Pset_Set

Pset_PN

Pset_CI

Pset_CO

Cset_CN

Attribute

Year

LimType

UC_FLO

UC_COMPRD

UC_RHSRTS

UC_RHSRTS~0

UC_Desc

IBFLS_Share_IISLS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

LO

Min share of IBF to produce LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

The interpolation option 5 (interpolation and forward extrapolation) will cause the equation to be generated for all milestone years from 2000 onwards. The easiest way to restrict the equations only to the years 2000-2025 would be to use the option 1 instead of 5 (in the UC_RHSRTS~0 column). An alternative way would be to specify the desired years in the T_E: tag, but that would make the years dependent on the milestone years used. So, I would recommend using the option 1.

Hello, Thank you.
Yes indeed, when I put a 5, the distribution of shares is recognized by the model up to 2050, even I do not specify the year 2050 in the "UC" constraints. When I put a 0, 1, nothing, or <0 the model does not take into account the distribution of shares imposed period by period. Thank you.
Oh yes, sorry, I failed noting that you had not specified the RHS value for any other years than 2000. With the option 1 for UC_RHSRTS, the constraint will be generated for all periods between the first and last year for which you have specified the UC_RHSRTS value. So, you can just put a zero into the UC_RHSRTS column also for the year 2025 (with Limtype LO), and then the constraint will be generated for all the years between 2000 and 2025.
Thank you for your response. If you notice that the share assigned to each period (2005, 2010, 2015 .....) is known (no need to extrapolate).
I eventually added a zero to UC_RHSRTS and Limetype LO at the line of the year 2025, but it still does not work. Thank you. 

What is the difference between UC_RHSRTS and UC_RHSRTS~0? 

~UC_Sets: R_E: FR

~UC_T

UC_N

Pset_Set

Pset_PN

Pset_CI

Pset_CO

Cset_CN

Attribute

Year

LimType

UC_FLO

UC_COMPRD

UC_RHSRTS

UC_RHSRTS~0

UC_Desc

IBFLS_Share_IISLS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

LO

Min share of IBF to produce LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

ILSBOXFB*

PIRN

LS

LS

LO

I am sorry that it still does not work for you, and I don't know the reason for it not working for you; I am not a VEDA expert.  Such UC constraints that are limited to a range of periods certainly work for me (but I have always used "Lim_Type" instead of "LimType" in VEDA-FE). The only difference between UC_RHSRTS and UC_RHSRTS~0 is that in the latter format you prescribe that the parameter value is meant to be the interpolation option.
Post a picture of this UC in the browse screen... to see how VEDA has read your declarations (which look perfect, as Antti has already noted).
I normally use LimType. For robustness, VEDA uses substrings to sense dimensions in some cases (first three char in this case), so Lim_Type works as well.