Veda2.0 Released!

peak constraint/dummy imports...
Good morning Mauri,
first of all, thank you for your time and sorry for my english. I'm trying to improve it.
I've been checking the information that have been upload to the forum about peaking constraints. My problem is that I think COM_PKTS is not being recognised. Even I have introduced it when defining the commodity in ~FI_Comm table, as you can see in the figure below, it doesn't appear in the browser once I have syncronize it.
Commodities - Supply

~FI_Comm

Csets CommName CommDesc Unit LimType CTSLvl CType COM_PKTS
*Commodity Set Membership Commodity Name Commodity Description Unit Sense of the Balance EQN. Timeslice Level Electricity Indicator  
NRG ELC Electricity EJ   DAYNITE   ANNUAL
DEM PWR Demanda de Electricidad EJ   DAYNITE    
NRG HETH Heat High Temperature EJ   DAYNITE    
ENV ELCCO2N CO2(ELC) T   DAYNITE    

I have also tried to define it just for one timeslice (JAWDSP) instead of ANNUAL, but it doesn't appear either. It should appear, shouldn't it?

MG: it should be in the commodity information. In VFE browse right click on the commodity name (ELC) and chose commodity information. Did you use the column COM_ PKTS in VEDA templates? If so it is wrong you should use PeakTS (as in the standard ~FI_COMM table

NCAP_PKCNT appears with the correct values. I think the equation is being taking into account, because it appears in VEDA_BE attributes once I have solved the model, but it is not working properly.

MG: ok

When I solve the model (without installed capacity in 2008(base year), this is what I called Greenfield model) all the capacity the model installs is wind. I think that this happens is because the peak_constraint is not being taking into account in the right way because for wind NCAP_PKCNT is 0.000000. (I used this value in order to check the results).

MG: I don't understand this approach. Which is the meaning to start without capacity in the BY????
Generally the base year is calibrated on existing capacity and after the base year the model can install new capacity based on the technology portfolio.
BTW I don't think this is a problem related to wind. I guess there is a structural problem. How did you declare the new available technologies? and in which file?

My last problem in with non_supplied energy. I mean with this the demand that is not supplied and I think that it is modelled with IMPNRGZ (Am I right?) Maybe not, because the other day when I spoke about this in the forum Amitt asked what I meant with non-supplied energy. I would like to change its value but in the browser I get this:
Scenario\Year 2008
BASE 9999
SysSettings 999999
MG: IMPNRGZ is use when there are problems in your model. It means there is a dummy production from a technology called IMPNRGZ with a very high production cost. If the model use this technology there are no other chances to satisfy the demand in your model. Generally this is due to a structural problem.

The syssettings value is the one I introduced in the model and the base one, when I tried to change it, it appears a message saying:
VEDA inserted value:Cost of dummy imports.

MG: I will ask to Amit. But may be is not declared in the right way
Could I change it? What is the difference betweem the BASE scenario and the SysSetting one?

MG: the base scenario includes all the Base Year templates. The SysSetting generally is used to define region and timeslices name, periods length, timeslices fraction and discount rate. The SysSetting is also used to declare "standard" interpolation/extrapolation rules and dummy import prices. The following tables is used to updare dummy impor price.

Because I thought tha values defined in SysSettings workbook were recognised in all the scenarios.
Furthermore I also would like to know if this value is for all the time horizon (from 2008 to 2030) or just for the base year.

MG: the whole time horizon
Maria, I found a problem with demand commodities in your model. In the tables ~FI_COMM you defined the DEM commodity timeslice level as DAYNITE. They should be declared as annual so you need to leave the cell in the column CTSLvl empty. You have the same problem for all the demands in your model.