Veda2.0 Released!

Suggestions for revision of Demo models
Dear All,
Hi,

I hope you are doing well. As a short notice, it seems that the cell L6 in workbook “Scen_UC_CO2BND” of the “DemoS_005” model should be revised as “=G26*(1-S6)”

Best,
Indeed, well spotted.  I guess we should communicate that to Maurizio; I did that already on Github.
Welcome to the Forum.
(24-01-2023, 08:27 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Indeed, well spotted.  I guess we should communicate that to Maurizio; I did that already on Github.
Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you!
(24-01-2023, 08:27 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Indeed, well spotted.  I guess we should communicate that to Maurizio; I did that already on Github.
Welcome to the Forum.

Dear Antti,

I just wanted to inform you that the problem is also recurring in later Demo models.

Best,
 Hesam
Yes, 6 and 7. However, not in 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, would you not agree?

So, I guess it might even be intended, as an element of the learning process?
Hi Antti and Hasam,

thanks I got the message from Antti on github and I will update the models.

Best regards
maurizio
Maurizio Gargiulo <br />
(26-01-2023, 03:41 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Yes, 6 and 7. However, not in 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, would you not agree?

So, I guess it might even be intended, as an element of the learning process?

I agree. In fact, I have gotten stuck in Demo model number 7. I follow the instructions, but I see no demand reduction due to applying emission targets and elastic demand possibility. I appreciate it if you help me in this regard. I attached the log file of the latest run.

Best,

Attached Files
.log   2023-01-26.log (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 2)
Ok, as no-one else has responded, I now tried DemoS_007 myself, for the first time ever.

The instructions in the documentation (Part IV) say the following:

In order to activate the elastic demand feature, there are few steps to follow:
➢ Generate a file with demand prices from a reference case, i.e. without any constraint or
tax on emissions: in the Parameter Group make sure the option “Write B Price for Elast
Dem" is selected (Figure 136). This option is already selected in the DemoS_007.

As far as I could see, the ElasticDemand Property group was missing from the VEDA2 DemoS set-up. And so, it would have to be created first.  I did that, and assigned that group to the base case DemoS_007, as stated in the instructions (above).

Then when running the cases DemoS_007b or DemoS_007c, those prices should be included in the run (but using DefaultProperties). That should be done by selecting the GDX file for the prices in the GDX References (Open), in the Case settings. I did that, ran the case, and then I got a solution equal to that shown in Part IV.

So, as you can see, there are a couple of steps you should do manually, to utilize the base prices for the elastic demands.
(26-01-2023, 06:14 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Ok, as no-one else has responded, I now tried DemoS_007 myself, for the first time ever.

The instructions in the documentation (Part IV) say the following:

In order to activate the elastic demand feature, there are few steps to follow:
➢ Generate a file with demand prices from a reference case, i.e. without any constraint or
tax on emissions: in the Parameter Group make sure the option “Write B Price for Elast
Dem" is selected (Figure 136). This option is already selected in the DemoS_007.

As far as I could see, the ElasticDemand Property group was missing from the VEDA2 DemoS set-up. And so, it would have to be created first.  I did that, and assigned that group to the base case DemoS_007, as stated in the instructions (above).

Then when running the cases DemoS_007b or DemoS_007c, those prices should be included in the run (but using DefaultProperties). That should be done by selecting the GDX file for the prices in the GDX References (Open), in the Case settings. I did that, ran the case, and then I got a solution equal to that shown in Part IV.

So, as you can see, there are a couple of steps you should do manually, to utilize the base prices for the elastic demands.

Hi Antti,

Yes! I successfully ran the model with elastic demand for car driving. As you said, the option to use GDX references is applied but the reference gdx file is not selected, at least for me. I suggest this step be added to the documentation.

Thanks,
(26-01-2023, 04:02 PM)Gargiulo Wrote: Hi Antti and Hasam,

thanks I got the message from Antti on github and I will update the models.

Best regards
maurizio

Dear Maurizio,

It seems that cells "E14:E25" in the worksheets of "DemTechs_COM" and "DemTechs_RSD" within the "VT_REG1_RCA_V08" workbook (as well as workbooks for the other region and other Demo models including Demo model 7) should also be adjusted to include the efficiency parameter instead of a constant. In the same workbooks, developer team members may also revise "CAP2ACT" unit.

Best,
 Hesam