Veda2.0 Released!

Copying data from B-Y template to new excel file
Hi, 

I have created a new B-Y template and I want to copy some of the data sheets from another B-Y template to the new one. When doing so I get this error from Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data. I assume this might be related to the format of the excel file.
Is there any solution to fix this problem? It is very time-consuming to write in tables manually again, and can also easily create mistakes. I can paste it as text, but I then loose the table format and will have to use time on rebuilding this. 

Kristina
you could make a copy of the entire source file (outside Excel), remove the parts that you don't need, and paste the new information in it.
(17-09-2021, 02:06 PM)Kristina.Haaskjold Wrote: Hi, 

I have created a new B-Y template and I want to copy some of the data sheets from another B-Y template to the new one. When doing so I get this error from Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data. I assume this might be related to the format of the excel file.
Is there any solution to fix this problem? It is very time-consuming to write in tables manually again, and can also easily create mistakes. I can paste it as text, but I then loose the table format and will have to use time on rebuilding this. 

Kristina

Hi Kristina,
did you open either of the excel sheets you are trying to copy from or paste to from within VEDA?

Perhaps try opening the excel files from their folder/directory from within windows explorer instead and see if you still get the copy|paste error.
All the best,
James
Hi James,
You are right. I opened the excel sheets from within VEDA. When I tried opening them from the directory, pasting worked as normal.

Thank you!
Best,
Kristina