Veda2.0 Released!

How to set emission factor for each year of a specific process during its lifetime?
I don't see the problem, but maybe I am missing something.

If the emission factor is constant, you can just define a single value for any convenient year, and TIMES will use that value for the emission factor over the process lifetime.

If the emission factor is a function of time (e.g. according to changes in standards), you can define the values at multiple years, and TIMES will interpolate and extrapolate the time-series over all model years, and will use the corresponding values for the process, whenever it will operate.  If the process is not vintaged, the emission factor will change over the lifetime of each vintage, according to the defined trajectory. However, if the process is vintaged, the factor will be constant over the lifetime of each vintage (equal to the value in the commissioning year).

Only if the emission factor is a function of the operating age of the process, or if the process is vintaged and you want the emission factor to be changing over its lifetime, you would need a more complicated set-up. Let me know if that is the issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set emission factor of a specific process during its lifetime? - by Antti-L - 23-02-2017, 09:39 PM