Veda2.0 Released!

Problem in New hydro power plant
Photo 
Hi!
We are developing TIMES model for Nepal at Provincial Level. We developed TIMES model for  Province 2 (P2) based on STARTER model,  and now we are working on Province 1 (P1) model. There was no problem with new  hydropower capacity investment in Province 2 model as the model invest on new powerplant as per the electricity demand. The model for P1 was also built in the same manner with Province 2 model. The energy demand seems to work quite well as per our demand forecast in both province. But the problem was in new power plant capacity requirement in Province 1 as there is no NCAP instead it generated NcapM, the marginal values in each model year.
(Screen shot is attached 1.png)

• the supply for powerplant i.e. hydro (only hydro in our model as power plant for new supply) has no limit of resource

• the peak reserve is given 73%  
    (screenshot is attached 2.png)

also, what value does the PEAK parameter actually denote in the model. We gave 0.35 value assuming it is the borderline between base and peak load.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would suggest to set COM_PKRSV to zero in the Base year, because you cannot increase the historical capacity any longer.  So, let the capacity be as it is in the Base year, and not require any additional reserves. The parameter "Peak" in VEDA is an alias for the NCAP_PKCNT parameter, which defines the capacity credit during the peak (how much of the capacity may be assumed to contribute to the peak demand).

Concerning your hydropower issue, there is not enough information for me to see what the issue is, but I note that in your picture (showing results for P1) you seem to have hydropower production (5.464).  I understand that you were expecting to see also Var_NCAP for EERNWHYD-HR-X0, but why so?  The existing capacity seems to be overly sufficient for satisfying the very small demand. In fact, you seem to have significant overproduction of ELCT throughout the horizon...
Photo 
(08-12-2020, 08:25 PM)Antti-L Wrote: I would suggest to set COM_PKRSV to zero in the Base year, because you cannot increase the historical capacity any longer.  So, let the capacity be as it is in the Base year, and not require any additional reserves. The parameter "Peak" in VEDA is an alias for the NCAP_PKCNT parameter, which defines the capacity credit during the peak (how much of the capacity may be assumed to contribute to the peak demand).

Concerning your hydropower issue, there is not enough information for me to see what the issue is, but I note that in your picture (showing results for P1) you seem to have hydropower production (5.464).  I understand that you were expecting to see also Var_NCAP for EERNWHYD-HR-X0, but why so?  The existing capacity seems to be overly sufficient for satisfying the very small demand. In fact, you seem to have significant overproduction of ELCT throughout the horizon...

Thank you for your quick response!
I think the problem is in not defining PCG of new hydro EERNWHYD-HR. Once I did it, there is Ncap in each model year as expected.
Thank you