Veda2.0 Released!

capital cost in base year
Hi team, 

My results indicate some element of capital cost (even though very small) in my annual breakdown for the total system cost in the base yea-2018. Additionally, as much as the high variable O&M cost value in the base year can be linked to reliance on imported fossil fuel, it seems too high for me. Does anyone knows if there are any reasons related to TIMES for this or its purely to do with the constraints as defined in my RES. The plot is attached.  

Regards

Xavier
I assume the costs you plotted are totals taken from the annualized costs? I would look at the results in more detail and see which processes/commodities are causing the costs. In that way one would be able to see where such investment costs and variable O&M costs in the Base year are coming from, and then the modeller should be able to understand why that is so, and if there is something wrong about it, to correct the model accordingly.

High costs in the Base year often suggest bad calibration and/or dummy imports, but you can only find out where the costs occur by looking at those detailed costs.
(19-06-2020, 09:41 PM)Antti-L Wrote: I assume the costs you plotted are totals taken from the annualized costs? I would look at the results in more detail and see which processes/commodities are causing the costs. In that way one would be able to see where such investment costs and variable O&M costs in the Base year are coming from, and then the modeller should be able to understand why that is so, and if there is something wrong about it, to correct the model accordingly.

High costs in the Base year often suggest bad calibration and/or dummy imports, but you can only find out where the costs occur by looking at those detailed costs.

The plot is actually for the annualized costs themselves broken into the variable, investment and fixed costs. Let me check with the dummy imports and find out.
Thanks Antti. 

It was the Dummy imports. Solved. 

Regards