Veda2.0 Released!

Using TFM_UPD table to project costs
Hi all,
I'm currently trying to produce some cost projections for a large number of technologies (all CCS technologies in my model, which is a version of ETSAP-TIAM). 

In the SubRES files, these technologies have a cost defined for their start year, e.g. INVCOST in 2020, but no further projections.

Due to the large number of technologies I am changing, I would like to be able to do this with a TFM_UPD table. I had a go at creating one, which would slowly reduce the INVCOST of a technology based on my own defined trajectory (see attached file).

However, when syncing this file, I get the warning message 'Info: UPD table row did not generate any records.' The problem is that, while the INVCOST is known for the whole period (as INVCOST is extrapolated by the default method), it's not explicitly defined for each period. I.e. there isn't an INVCOST~2030 that the model can update using the TFM_UPD table. So the TFM_UPD table only applies to 2020 where INVCOST is explicitly defined, rather than any future periods.

Does anyone know a way around this, that will allow me to use TFM_UPD tables to produce cost trajectories? Or will I have to manually specify costs using a TFM_INS table?

All the best,
Neil Grant

Attached Files
.xlsx   TFM_UPD Example.xlsx (Size: 12.99 KB / Downloads: 11)
This is the precise use case for the TFM_MIG tag. Please see the attached workbook.

you can use this for attribute, timeslice, and limtype dimensions too.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TFM_MIG Example.xlsx (Size: 13.47 KB / Downloads: 33)
(12-09-2019, 08:11 PM)AKanudia Wrote: This is the precise use case for the TFM_MIG tag. Please see the attached workbook.

you can use this for attribute, timeslice, and limtype dimensions too.

Thanks so much Amit! 

Your prompt and clear replies are so helpful.

Cheers,
Neil