Veda2.0 Released!

Windows 10 Update: KB4041676 (Oct 10, 2017)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-kb4041676

JET database engine has stopped supporting XLS files as a part of this update. If you are on Win 10 and have XLS files in your models, there are two options:
1. Save the XLS files as XLSX
2. Don't take this update

We are investigating options, but the situation is a bit tricky. Will update tomorrow.
In case a Win10 machine has been updated onto the mentioned update, it will encounter an error as depicted below:

Utsav Jha VEDA Support
According to reports on the net, it seems the same problem relates to earlier Windows systems as well.
In case someone needs an urgent fix but cannot rely on uninstalling the updates (e.g. due to enterprise updates), according to a report of one poster, the following might work:

- Retrieve the previous version msexcl40.dll version 4.0.9801.0, and copy this library to your application folder
- edit key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Excel\win32old setting it to point to your application folder
- restart computer

As you see, the poster mentions the key "win32old" instead of win32, but I think that could be a mistake (?).
I think I would try setting the win32 key pointing to the working version of the msexcl40.dll file.
I have not tried this fix myself (I have not installed KB4041681/KB4041678 yet), but I believe it should work. I just saved the 4.0.9801.0 version of the DLL in case I would need it myself.  Tongue
Thanks for this input Antti; we also had trouble on a Win7 machine that got updated yesterday.

Fortunately, ACE driver seems to work well with all the current versions of Excel and Windows. We will release updated versions of VEDA today.
Do you mean it works well also with .XLS, not just the "current" .xlsx versions?

Thanks!
Yes Antti, it works with XLS/XLSX/XLSB

Please download the New Version from here.