Veda2.0 Released!

Invalid license code!! You can switch to Evaluation Version.
Note: This issue has been fixed in VEDA Softwares installed using VedaInstaller version 9.20.0.0 and above.

Every unregistered/Evaluation instance of VEDA has an ‘Intermediate Code’ which changes every time a particular VEDA software is run till the time it isn’t licensed. After pasting the license in ‘VEDALic.txt’ of VEDA FE and/or VEDA BE, an exception, as shown above, might be thrown. 
The primary reason for this error is that your Intermediate Code has changed due to running VEDA FE or VEDA BE before registering successfully. After requesting a key for either VEDA FE and/or VEDA BE, DO NOT RUN THE SOFTWARE UNTIL YOU HAVE REGISTERED YOUR LICENSE SUCCESSFULLY.

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
1.      Run VEDA-FE/VEDA-BE.
A dialogue Box will appear as shown below. Press the ‘Get Key Online’ Button.

2. After clicking the ‘Get Key Online’ Button, a dialogue box shall appear, as shown below. Click on OK button. All dialogue boxes of the application will be closed and your default web browser will open a page to request a new license code.

3. Click on ‘Generate’ button. You will receive an email with the license code.
Follow the steps as mentioned in the email and then run VEDA FE or VEDA BE to register it.

Note: You should not run VEDA FE and/or VEDA BE till you update the license in VEDALic.txt.
Utsav Jha VEDA Support
I seem to be having some sort of licensing issue with Veda FE. I've been using the Evaluation Version without any problems for the last month, but now every time I attempt a model run I get an error message in the command prompt that says the evaluation version expired 32 days ago (see attached).

This is strange because I've not yet been using the Evaluation version for 60 days, and in the Veda FE interface (and every time I open the program) it says the license has 38 days remaining. I've tried running a few different scenarios (all of which have worked before) and still get the same problem.

Veda BE is working fine. And FE is fine until I try to Solve.

The issue is somewhat time-sensitive as I'm using TIAM for a dissertation due in under a couple of weeks Undecided

I wonder if you have any ideas how I might be able to fix the problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The LST file is attached for reference. Apologies for Word format; I was having trouble uploading the .txt file.

Attached Files
.docx   License Issue LST file.docx (Size: 160.7 KB / Downloads: 4)
Okerr,
I hope you have set appropriate permissions on the VEDA Folder.
This issue is quite common on those systems where VEDA is installed with insufficient privileges. Ensure that the user using VEDA has set proper permissions for the entire VEDA folder, including subfolders. Also, make sure that they are Not in readonly mode.
Utsav Jha VEDA Support
(13-08-2016, 06:53 PM)utsavjha Wrote: Okerr,
I hope you have set appropriate permissions on the VEDA Folder.
This issue is quite common on those systems where VEDA is installed with insufficient privileges. Ensure that the user using VEDA has set proper permissions for the entire VEDA folder, including subfolders. Also, make sure that they are Not in readonly mode.

Thanks Utsav. I've double checked to make sure that I have enabled full permissions for the VEDA folder. As a specified owned of the folder, I have full privileges. The same is true for the VEDA software. 

It does seem to be the case that the VEDA Folder *itself* is read only, but this is the common for all windows folders, and in fact I've manually been through all the files, both in FE and BE, to make sure readonly is disabled. I don't understand why it would suddenly be an issue since I've been using the model fine for the last few days and not changed any settings. As per the LST file I attached above, it seems to be related to the license, though again confusing since I still have 38 days left.

I'm just wondering if there's anything else I could try? I'm under a bit of time pressure with the modelling and willing to try anything!! Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As far as I can see, the problem is clearly a GAMS license problem, not related to VEDA as such.

I wonder how many days your GAMS evaluation license was supposed to offer?  
You could contact the ETSAP liaison officer Gary Goldstein about the GAMS license.
An update:

I've not quite managed to solve the problem, but I just want to note that Utsav has been extremely helpful in trying to get to the bottom of it. After a long time spent troubleshooting, he's helped to identify the problem as an expired GAMS license rather than a problem with Veda.

So not quite there yet, but it's good to be clear on what the issue is. Thanks Utsav, I really appreciate your support on a Saturday night!

Best,
Oliver
(14-08-2016, 12:06 AM)Antti-L Wrote: As far as I can see, the problem is clearly a GAMS license problem, not related to VEDA as such.

I wonder how many days your GAMS evaluation license was supposed to offer?  
You could contact the ETSAP liaison officer Gary Goldstein about the GAMS license.

You're right, it's definitely GAMS not Veda. Thanks for the advice, I'll get in touch with Gary, thanks again!
I just wanted to thank Antti and Utsav again for their help in diagnosing the problem. I managed to get a new GAMS license and you've saved my weekend of work, thanks!