Veda2.0 Released!

syssettings missing in case manager
Hello,

I am trying to run a few cases that I have been able to run successfully in the past. When I sync the files, I get the occasional error that says "SysSettings.xls" is open. I haven't got it open, nor do I see any Excel processes running in the task manager. I have tried clicking on "close all xls images".

Eventually, all the files, including syssettings, will sync fine, without errors. But upon opening the case manager, I get an error saying that syssettings is missing. Hitting solve, of course, results in fatal errors. Could you please suggest why this is happening? I haven't renamed the SysSettings file or anything. The same cases were running fine a few months ago.

Thanks.
Hi Ach,

Can you upload a log file in this post.

If you want a web session with us, kindly send an email at support@kanors.com with timings and your time zone.

Thanks
Ravinder Singh Chauhan
Hello Ach, hello Ravinder,

May I ask if you have found a solution for this problem?
We are experiencing the same problem taht Ach described above.

At the same time we are not able to import the newtech (SubRES_NT) file.

What is also strange that a "ManageVEDASysSetting" and a "VEDASyssettings" MS Access Database file appeared in the C:\VEDA folder which were not there before.

If you found the solution already, could you please share? Or may I also ask for a web session?

Thanks
Viktor
Hello Viktor,

Did you update the VEDA recently?

It seems you were using the very older version of VEDA, because both "ManageVedaSettings.exe" and "VedaSettings.mdb" was included in installer a long time ago.
So I suggest you do a fresh installation of VEDA on that machine.
I get the same error, that SysSettings have no data and that SysSettings is open although it is not. This still appears also after I have updated VEDA-FE.

How do I solve this? Help on this issue is highly appereciated.

Pernille
I tried a system restore to a point where this issue wasn't a problem, the problem went away right afterwards but it reappeared a few days later. Does VEDA-FE automatically update itself? If so, is it a bug in the latest version?

While the problem occurs most commonly with SysSettings (regardless of whether I have opened it with VEDA FE or not) , it has also occurred with any other spreadsheet I have opened with VEDA_FE. I have had some limited success with restarting VEDA-FE whenever it happens, but sometimes that doesn't work either.
(20-02-2020, 02:23 AM)ach Wrote: I tried a system restore to a point where this issue wasn't a problem, the problem went away right afterwards but it reappeared a few days later. Does VEDA-FE automatically update itself? If so, is it a bug in the latest version?

While the problem occurs most commonly with SysSettings (regardless of whether I have opened it with VEDA FE or not) , it has also occurred with any other spreadsheet I have opened with VEDA_FE. I have had some limited success with restarting VEDA-FE whenever it happens, but sometimes that doesn't work either.

I'm also seeing a lot of files that end with "~_~VedaProc" being generated that are exact copies of my Scenario files. This wasn't happening before.
Hi

I just tried to update VEDA, as i had similar issues syssettings and realised the VEDAinstaller updates to version 4.3.62, so it might be the reason why people experience such issues?

Mikkel
please try again... there must have been some mix-up at your end. I just tried updating from the link that you downloaded, and got version 4.5.834 for FE.

the issue definitely seems to be triggered by a windows/office update.
Mikkel, This could be a permission issue which causes the failure of extraction of the latest versions from compressed files.

Please check for error logs in "VEDA\Logs" folder and try again with the administrator account or administrator rights.
(20-02-2020, 09:49 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Mikkel, This could be a permission issue which causes the failure of extraction of the latest versions from compressed files.

Please check for error logs in "VEDA\Logs" folder and try again with the administrator account or administrator rights.

Hi everyone

An update to the issue, I apparently had managed to get a 2013 version installed, which deviated from the issues mentioned above.

Ravinder help me out of the issue Smile

Best regards, 
Mikkel
great! can you share any details that might help other users?
(20-02-2020, 10:15 PM)AKanudia Wrote: great! can you share any details that might help other users?

After a remote web meeting with Mikkel, I found that he had two separate installation copies on his machine. One was recently installed under C drive location using the latest VedaInstaller.exe and the other was folder copies of earlier versions VEDA_FE and VEDA_BE. He is not aware of the folders that were located in the program files.
Hi Everyone,

An update to this issue, we found that the problem was with Microsoft Access Database Engine 2007.
We have tried reinstallation on 5 different user computers including our machine and the problem has been resolved.

So if any user, who is experiencing the same problem as the SysSettings.xls file is opened and the ~_~Proc files are not deleted in the model folder. Please try the below step.

Uninstall Microsoft Access database engine 2007 from Control Panel [Programs and Features] and then download and re-install from the below links.

Google Drive:-
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...g00mP7j-3P

Dropbox Link:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koknbvegeuxn4x...e.exe?dl=0

Note:-
The Microsoft Access database engine may be updated in the future by Windows Update, so do the above step again.

Thanks & Regards
Ravinder Singh Chauhan
Thank you very much for all your kind help, Ravinder.