Download the latest version of VEDA-FE (45834) and VEDA-BE (492018)

Veda Application Installation guide

Emissions not being produced
I'm trying to include brine released from desalination processes.

The simple approach I'm taking is by utilizing the ~PRCCOMEMI table similar to air emissions from power plants that utilize fossil fuels. I have calculated a factor which once multiplied by the amount of distilled water produced will give the brine amount.

The issue I am facing is that nothing is entering into the brine commodity that I have defined and therefore there are no brine results.

Note that the difference in calculations attempt between air emissions and this sea emission is that the air emissions have fuels as input to the plants while the sea emission is calculated based on the plant output which is the distilled water. And that the amount of distilled water is calculated based on CEH and CHPR.

Any tips are highly appreciated.

Thanks
I don't know why your specification does not work, but Amit has said earlier on this Forum: "I strongly discourage the use of tables COMAGG, COMEMI and PRCCOMEMI. These were introduced in VEDA to make life simpler when working with MARKAL."  So, is there a reason why have you chosen to use  PRCCOMEMI with TIMES?

You can use FLO_EMIS to define emission factors on any process flows. You can do that in TFM_INS, TFM_DINS and FI_T tables. Just define the source commodity in Other_indexes.  Example:

I guess PRCCOMEMI is actually translated to FLO_EMIS, but to see why it does not work in your case would require more information.
thanks Antti Smile
(04-02-2020, 04:52 PM)Antti-L Wrote: I don't know why your specification does not work, but Amit has said earlier on this Forum: "I strongly discourage the use of tables COMAGG, COMEMI and PRCCOMEMI. These were introduced in VEDA to make life simpler when working with MARKAL."  So, is there a reason why have you chosen to use  PRCCOMEMI with TIMES?

You can use FLO_EMIS to define emission factors on any process flows. You can do that in TFM_INS, TFM_DINS and FI_T tables. Just define the source commodity in Other_indexes.  Example:

I guess PRCCOMEMI is actually translated to FLO_EMIS, but to see why it does not work in your case would require more information.

This works. Thank you very much for your help and prompt response Smile