Veda2.0 Released!

COM_AGG and UC
Hello,
I would like to ask how exactly the COM_AGG works - which flows are included?
I got slightly different numbers when I tried to replicate my aggregated commodity from the results.
Is it possible to use aggregated commodity in UC?
I have tried to define the UC that is in the attachment, where the RENTM is aggregated commodity. But the LHS is not transferred to VEDA at all as if RENTM is not defined. But RENTM is defined.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scen_UC_CZ_REN_TRA.xlsx (Size: 11.04 KB / Downloads: 11)
COM_AGG aggregates the VAR_COMNET (or VAR_COMPRD) into the production side of the commodity balance of another commodity. Hence, COM_AGG does not create any process flows (VAR_FLO / VAR_IRE / VAR_SIN / VAR_SOUT) at all.

You can refer to the variables of the aggregated commodity in UC constraints just like to those of any other commodity. In your example, you are trying to define UC_FLO for the aggregated commodity RENTM, but you say that nothing was getting defined on the LHS. This indicates that there are no process flows of RENTM in the model.  (UC_FLO defines a coefficient for VAR_FLO, i.e. a process flow of a standard process.)  

As your description says "Min share of Renewable in transport - multiplication", I guess the amount of RENTM represents the total amount of renewables used in transport. You can refer to that amount by using UC_COMPRD(RENTM) (that will create a coefficient for VAR_COMPRD(RENTM) = total commodity production of RENTM).

Note that you can use RHS coefficients only in dynamic (or "pseudo-dynamic" through UC_ATTR(RHS,SYNC)) UC constraints. It looks like your example is not a dynamic constraint, and so you should either define all on the LHS side or change your constraint to be "pseudo-dynamic".
Thank Antti, for your explanation!
You are right, RENTM represents the total amount of renewables used in transport and I would like to create a UC that set minimal share on total energy in transport.
I have tried several definitions of dynamic UC, but no one has worked. Unfortunately, I have not found in the documentation how to define this type of advanced UC.
Please, could you advise me how to define this? I attach my last attempt.
Thank you

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scen_UC_CZ_REN_TRA.xlsx (Size: 10.16 KB / Downloads: 10)
The standard static constraint is very simple, there is nothing advanced in it, and I think all is explained in the documentation. Just define all coefficients on the LHS side.  See UC_RENTM1 in the picture below.

If for some reason you want to use the "pseudo dynamic" approach here, you should understand that the UC components are  ACT, FLO, IRE, CAP, NCAP, COMPRD, COMNET, COMCON, UCN.  The SYNC modifier in UC_ATTR can be used by specifying it on the RHS side for the UC component for which you want to define coefficients on the RHS side. This is also explained in the documentation. See UC_RENTM2 in the picture below.

I have tested these examples, and verified that they worked.

(25-08-2019, 12:38 AM)Antti-L Wrote: The standard static constraint is very simple, there is nothing advanced in it, and I think all is explained in the documentation. Just define all coefficients on the LHS side.  See UC_RENTM1 in the picture below.

If for some reason you want to use the "pseudo dynamic" approach here, you should understand that the UC components are  ACT, FLO, IRE, CAP, NCAP, COMPRD, COMNET, COMCON, UCN.  The SYNC modifier in UC_ATTR can be used by specifying it on the RHS side for the UC component for which you want to define coefficients on the RHS side. This is also explained in the documentation. See UC_RENTM2 in the picture below.

I have tested these examples, and verified that they worked.

Thank you very much. Now it works well Smile