Veda2.0 Released!

MAC vs. Windows for VEDA-TIMES FE & BE?
Hi - I am Mike a new VEDA-TIMES user. I am wondering - has anyone else used VEDA-FE with windows installed on Mac's bootcamp? I installed the trial version on my mac via windows 8 and it seems to work. I am wondering though if it makes more sense to buy a separate windows machine to run VEDA-TIMES as I become a more advanced user?

Thank you!

Mike
Hi, Mike

I am Hiroshi Hamasaki and use VEDA on Mac bootcamp for more than 7 years. From my experience, VEDA runs well and smoothly on Mac bootcamp and so you do not need to buy a separte window machine. I also run VEDA on AWS windows machine, but there is no significant differences between Mac Bootcamp and AWS winodws machine.

As your skills on VEDA become more advanced and your model become more complex, the size of memory and CPU speed become much more important.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Hiroshi
hi Hiroshi,

Thank you so much for your response. What types of things are you modeling in VEDA-TIMES? Do yo know of anyone else who has run VEDA-TIMES via mac? My mac has an i7 processor and 2.8 GHz. Have you had trouble at all with bugs in the software? Are there particular databases that you work with that you like?

I am going to be one of the first people working with new U.S. EPA models of the economy in TIMES. My thought is that there are going to be problems with the software and databases and using a windows machine may make it so that we eliminate one potential source of errors. I will be working closely with Amit and EPA who use windows machines.

Thank you for the help!

Mike
Hi Mike, did you eventually use Veda on Mac or Windows?

It would be very useful to hear from any other users who use Veda on MacBooks.
(19-02-2021, 07:21 AM)AKanudia Wrote: Hi Mike, did you eventually use Veda on Mac or Windows?

It would be very useful to hear from any other users who use Veda on MacBooks.

I did not try using parallels on my mac. I was able to install bootcamp and windows and it seemed to work just fine. I ended up using a windows server though, because EPAUS9rT was faster on that than on my laptop.
Thanks Mike!