Download the latest version of VEDA-FE (45819) and VEDA-BE (492010)

Veda Application Installation guide


VEDA-FE Error
#1
Hello,

I've recently come across some errors when trying to run my model. I've attached the error log files for reference. I had a look and saw that the databases generated might be corrupt so I moved the model, deleted the databases folder in the model folder, then reloaded the model under a different name and started from scratch. It will now send the model for solving but doesn't run properly; the same error message comes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan W


Attached Files
.txt   Errors_Daniel Welsby[UCL].txt (Size: 246.98 KB / Downloads: 6)
.txt   AltError.txt (Size: 143.22 KB / Downloads: 1)
Reply
#2
this looks like a database size issue. can you post a screenshot of your navigator?
Reply
#3
(08-03-2019, 06:26 PM)AKanudia Wrote: this looks like a database size issue. can you post a screenshot of your navigator?


Hi Amit,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! FE Navigator screenshot attached below


Attached Files
.docx   Screenshot Navigator.docx (Size: 204.9 KB / Downloads: 8)
Reply
#4
Dan, MSAccess allowed maximum 2GB database file size. and in your case, it's approaching the max limit.

Now you need to identify the big data scenario files of your model to convert them as SepDB. please refer the following post.
http://forum.kanors-emr.org/showthread.p...db#pid2567
Reply
#5
Hi Vikrant and Amit,

Thanks very much for your help - I'll follow the thread and hopefully that will solve the problem. I'll also do a long overdue clear out of some of my scenario files as I have alot of duplicates in there. I'll also start from scratch again and give the model a completely new run, and let you know if I have any more issues.

Best,
Dan
Reply
#6
Hi Vikrant and Amit,

Apologies for coming back to you on this. I've had a clear out of some of the big scenario files which seems to have cleared out room in the databases (see new navigator screenshot), however the model still wont solve - it is now generating the run file however it iterates upwards straight away, with a intermediate non-optimal solution.

Its also not generating any more error messages in the logs folder in VEDA-FE, as far as I can tell, which is making any diagnostics more difficult.

As a check I ran an older (and bigger version of the model) which nears the 2GB limit; this ran without any issues. Any help would be really appreciated, I'm abit lost as to what is going wrong!

Thanks,

Dan


Attached Files
.docx   Screenshot Navigator II.docx (Size: 229.92 KB / Downloads: 6)
Reply
#7
you need to compare the data-only GDX files from the previous and current versions of the model.
Reply
#8
Hi Amit and Vikrant,


I think alot of the model was corrupted. Fortunately I back it up quite regularly so I've just taken an older version and reimported the whole thing (including deleting/re-structuring the large scenario files on your advice). I will now run the 'create data as a gdx' on all runs from now on so I can compare results in GAMS. 


Many thanks for your help as always.


Dan
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)