Minimum Utilization Constraint on activity
Dear all,
when putting a bound on capacity growth for a specific process, the model actually install the maximum capacity which is allowed but the activity from that process results zero up to the last decades of the century.
Is there a way to put a constraint on the minimum utilization of the installed capacity, so that the activity Var_Act results equal (or at least 80-90%) to the Var_Cap for a specific process?

Note that I defined the technology with a "CAP2ACT" coefficient equal to 1.

Thanks,
Giulia
I am not sure I understand. You say you set a bound on capacity growth for a specific process, and the model actually installs the maximum capacity allowed but the activity from that process results zero up to the last decades of the century? Up to and including, or up to but excluding the last decades?

Anyway, sure you can easily put a lower bound on the utilization factor (e.g. NCAP_AFA(LO) = 0.8).
(04-05-2018, 03:47 PM)Antti-L Wrote: I am not sure I understand. You say you set a bound on capacity growth for a specific process, and the model actually installs the maximum capacity allowed but the activity from that process results zero up to the last decades of the century? Up to and including, or up to but excluding the last decades?

Anyway, sure you can easily put a lower bound on the utilization factor (e.g. NCAP_AFA(LO) = 0.8).

excluding the last decades, when actually capacity and activity coincide again.

Anyway, the bound on NCAP_AFA solved easily the problem, thanks!

Giulia