Veda2.0 Released!

Problem with database since installing new VEDA-BE
(05-01-2018, 09:45 AM)AKanudia Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion Antti. Dan and Olex, send us a small VBE database where we can reproduce this problem. You can also check if Tools - Reset database resolves the issue. This must come from set refresh/definition somehow. Have you checked that the process-level results are OK?

One possible explanation: If process set definitions are based on process descriptions, and if descriptions have changed in the runs that you imported in a healthy database, then the sets could get corrupted because VEDA will retain only one description for each process.

Hi all,

Thanks for replying. 

I think my problem was a corruption of the process sets as Amit suggested. If I load a run of the model I'm working on into VEDA-BE the results are absolutely fine. However, I've been collaborating with some colleagues and when I tried to load some VD files which were put on a shared drive the results are completely wrong (even if I hover over them as you suggested Olex) - I've taken to only analysing results in VEDA-BE which I've loaded from runs I have done myself in the updated VEDA versions.

One thing which I am still having an issue with which I cannot get my head around is the value of the objective function which the new VEDA-BE is coming out with. For example, in an unconstrained run (i.e. no carbon budgets/temperature limits) I was doing before I updated, the Objective function was ~ $300,000,000 (i think the unit is million $), which is consistent with other peoples 'base' runs at UCL. However, with the exact same run the OBJz is now over $500,000,000. This is also the case for runs I have done with carbon budgets, where the OBJz is now much much higher. Given I haven't changed anything in the scenario files in VEDA-FE - certainly not to the point where an increase of this magnitude would make sense - does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dan W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with database since installing new VEDA-BE - by DanWelsby - 05-01-2018, 05:55 PM