Veda2.0 Released!

Life Update
Good morning for All.

I want change attribute "Life" in technology that define in base scenario (BASE.dd file).
I change it by "Scenario" file.

This file generate dd file:
"
$ONEMPTY
$ONEPS
$ONWARNING
$SET RUN_NAME 'BAU'
$SET SCENARIO_NAME 'CHANGE_LIFE'
SET TOP_IRE
/
/

SET UC_N
/
/

PARAMETER
NCAP_TLIFE ' '/
RUS.2005.HETCOA 10

/

"
But there is no diffrence after use it.

Could You find my error.

Thank You for your help.

First I thought that this is simply becuase 10 happens to be the default value that the TIMES code uses for LIFE.

BUT, since a UPD table has created an entry in the DD file, there was another value for this attribute, probably in BASE.
Send me a screenshot of all attributes that have been used to describe this process. From Browse.
Attribute "Life" is define in bas file. Is it wrong?

Cap2Act =1
I can see that you have defined PRC_RESID for this process.  If you have also disabled any new investments for this process, NCAP_TLIFE will have no effect in TIMES.  However, VEDA-FE does use NCAP_TLIFE for automatically generating a zero-point for PRC_RESID, but I guess it uses only the value defined in the Base Year templates for that purpose.  Consequently, changing the NCAP_TLIFE value in a scenario file for a process that cannot have new investments would in that case have no effect whatsoever.
This is a good place to expose two VEDA conventions that play a role here:
  1. VEDA prohibits investment in all techs that are defined in B-Y templates (except for sectors "SUP" and "UPS") that have a RESID/Stock specification.
  2. VEDA generates a zero-point for PRC_RESID if LIFE has been explicitly specified AND RESID has been specified for only one year.

And, like I have mentioned in the tips section as well, you are strongly encouraged to use the browse facility of VEDA to look at technology specifications. You will see NCAP_BND(UP)=2 for year=0 in that view, which you don't see in Excel. See the tips section for more good reasons to use this approach.

If you want to override the VEDA default in #1 above, you can insert NCAP_BND(UP)=0 for year=0 in the FI_T tables or for all techs via the BY_Trans file (INS table). Use the first if you want to do this for a few processes, and the second if you want to do this for a larger set of processes or for all of them.
If I insert NCAP_BND(UP)=0, then create new capacity, but I want change Life, without abbility for new capacity. Actually change finishe year for set technology from 2025 to 2015 or 2035.

Are there method for change life?

Probably the best route for you is to use NCAP_PASTI and control the retirement with LIFE. Using RESID + Life will also work but VEDA will generate a ZERO value for the Year = Resid Year + Life. So, linear decline of stock. NCAP_PASTI will give you a rectangular profile.
You can simply define a PRC_RESID until the desired end date. For example, by defining PRC_RESID(r,2005,p) = A and PRC_RESID(r,2030,p) = A, the process will have capacity A from 2005 to 2030, and zero afterwards.
PRC_RESID work! But only if I need decrise life, but not increase.
Are there method for remove parameter from table, like ~TMF_INS and ~TMF_UPD in Scenario file?