Veda2.0 Released!

VEDA 4.5.5 not syncing
Hi,

I get a lot of errors when trying to sync from scratch with the new VEDA version. I am attaching the logs.

Best,
Olex

Attached Files
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 1.29 KB / Downloads: 7)
Hi Olex,

After reading error log file I found VEDA encounter issues with Excel instance. Try again after restart the machine.
(24-10-2017, 09:57 AM)Vikrant Wrote: Hi Olex,

After reading error log file I found VEDA encounter issues with Excel instance. Try again after restart the machine.

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks. I am attaching another set of log files after a restart. For some of the model files, error messages pop up complaining about "~"...
Would you like me to share the model with you?

Cheers,
Olex

Attached Files
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 1.31 KB / Downloads: 4)
Please send me the model at vikrant@kanors.com.
Hi Vikrant,

While waiting for a solution to the problem, I've used Hyper-V to set up a virtual PC and run VEDA 4.5.5 on it, but I get exactly the same problem... :-( The system I set up includes Windows 10 (1703) and Office 365 64bit; no Antivirus except for Windows Defender (VEDA folder excluded from scan). Any idea what causes the problem?

I also came across a strange behaviour with regard to xlsb files: VEDA said it was a pre-2007 format and suggested to save it again. However from an earlier post I got an impression that xlsb was supported in VEDA 4.5.5... Was it a misunderstanding?

Cheers,
Olex

Cheers,
Olex
I have finally managed to fix this problem by uninstalling Office 365 and installing Office 2016 instead. So it seems that VEDA 4.5.5 has some compatibility issues with Office 365. I hope KanORS fixes it at some point because at least in DTU we are switching to Office 365 in the near future.

Here is a sample of the errors that this incompatibility causes:
- Automation error The server threw an exception.
- The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable
- Method '~' of object '~' failed
- Unable to get the SpecialCells property of the Range class

Cheers,
Olex
Thanks Olex for updating us.

Sure we will check VEDA applications with Office 365 and will release update soon if we found any compatibility issues.
Olexander: As you mentioned that the Office 365 was a 64-bit office installation, it would seem possible that it might also have been the issue. Even on todays 64-bit Windows, to my knowledge most Microsoft Office users still install the 32-bit Office exactly because of much better compatibility with many 32-bit applications (I think VEDA comes only as a 32-bit app, or is there an option for a 64-bit VEDA?).

Therefore, at least I would be curious to know whether the Office 2016 you installed was 64-bit or 32-bit Office, and thus to know whether VEDA works well with 64-bit Office.
Dear Antti,

VEDA is working fine with MS-Office 64bit. We have multiple machines in our working environment with Excel 64bit. I have attached some screen shots of Excel versions which are working with VEDA.

Testing with Office 365 at our end is not done yet but soon we will do this and will release update if any issues are found.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have been using VEDA for last few years. In my previous PC, I had MS Office 2013 64 bit with 32 bit VEDA installation. I never had a problem with this combination.
(01-11-2017, 02:08 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Olexander: As you mentioned that the Office 365 was a 64-bit office installation, it would seem possible that it might also have been the issue. Even on todays 64-bit Windows, to my knowledge most Microsoft Office users still install the 32-bit Office exactly because of much better compatibility with many 32-bit applications (I think VEDA comes only as a 32-bit app, or is there an option for a 64-bit VEDA?).

Therefore, at least I would be curious to know whether the Office 2016 you installed was 64-bit or 32-bit Office, and thus to know whether VEDA works well with 64-bit Office.

Antti, actually the same compatibility issue occured in Office 365 32-bit (physical PC) and 64-bit (virtual PC). I did not notice any difference there.
I installed Office 2016 32-bit, so I don't know whether VEDA works well with the 64-bit version.
(01-11-2017, 08:38 AM)Vikrant Wrote: Thanks Olex for updating us.

Sure we will check VEDA applications with Office 365 and will release update soon if we found any compatibility issues.

Vikrant, actually, I could try a few other large models on my Virtual PC to see whether the compatibility issues occur only in TIMES-DK or the problem is wider. Just let me know if you are interested in that.
Yes Olex, It could help us if you do this.
I am sure other models will not face similar issues as we already checked TIMES_DEMO model on the affected machine.
(01-11-2017, 04:10 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Yes Olex, It could help us if you do this.
I am sure other models will not face similar issues as we already checked TIMES_DEMO model on the affected machine.

Vikrant, I have now tested it with ETSAP-TIAM and I can confirm that the same incompatibility issue occurs with that model.
Thanks Olex, We will do testing about this issue.