Veda2.0 Released!

Veda BE "Error 0"
Dear All,

I'm having an issue with veda BE when I import a new scenario that just started out of the blue. I get an error window that pops up saying "Error" and the error message is "0" (that's all no more details). I clicked through this message (took about 100 clicks!) and now the whole database has crashed. When I try to open the database in BE is says "Cannot Proceed Further! Some Tables are missing: Attribute, Attribute_VDesc, Commodity, Commodity_VDesc, Process etc."

Any idea how to get the database working again and also what the cause of the original error might have been?

Thanks,

Tamaryn
BTW - the scenario itself ran normally with 'optimal solution found'.
(21-08-2017, 06:43 PM)tnapp Wrote: BTW - the scenario itself ran normally with 'optimal solution found'.

Hi Tamaryn,

Can you post the error log file from “Veda\Veda_BE\logs” folder?

And that database is corrupted now, so you have to import your scenarios in new database. 

To create new database: File -> New -> local database.
Hi There,

I am having this problem again. I tried to fix it by deleting the VEDA_R files for what I thought were the offending scenarios from the database folder but now I seem to have completely crashed veda_BE and I can't open it without it crashing. 

Attached is the log file from veda BE but I'm not sure how to interpret it!

Any idea how to get around this problem?

Thanks,

Tamaryn
Try these steps:

1. Close VEDA-BE
2. Go to ..VEDA\VEDA_BE\Databases folder and rename the corrupted folder
3. Make a copy of the folder TIMES_DEMO under a new name
4. Point VEDA-BE to this folder
5. Delete all scenarios
6. Import your scenarios in this new folder
7. Import sets and tables from the old folder (that got corrupted)
(13-10-2017, 06:33 PM)AKanudia Wrote: Try these steps:

1. Close VEDA-BE
2. Go to ..VEDA\VEDA_BE\Databases folder and rename the corrupted folder
3. Make a copy of the folder TIMES_DEMO under a new name
4. Point VEDA-BE to this folder
5. Delete all scenarios
6. Import your scenarios in this new folder
7. Import sets and tables from the old folder (that got corrupted)

Hi Amit

Thanks for your help. I have now fixed the issue in back end. I am now having a similar problem in FE. I can't open FE properly - when it tries to load the model it gets stuck (with an error popup saying '0') at a step saying 'Processing for COMGRP'. I have tried renaming the model file folder and then opening it again in FE but as soon as it tries to load the files it gets stuck at the same point. I can't even get to the stage of syncing from scratch. 

Please help! I'm urgently trying to finish some runs this weekend and now having this challenge.

Thanks,

Tamaryn

P.S. I think the whole problem started because my hard drive ran out of space and this caused issues in both FE and BE.
It looks like a database corruption issue, and I am afraid you might have to start from scratch.

1. ensure that you have enough space on the drive that VEDA is using. It should be at least 3-4 times the size of your databases folder. In general, running low on disk space exposes you to a variety of issues like poor performance and data corruption.
2. Close VEDA-FE
3. Delete all databases apart from UserOptions.MDB from your \Databases\ folder(This will preserve your case definitions)
4. Launch VEDA-FE and import all files you need for your runs
THanks, Amit. I have tried deleting the databases but it doesn't seem to help. If I rename the name of my model folder then I can open Veda FE but as soon as I try to open the template folder in the navigator it gets stuck at the same point (even though the database has been deleted). Is there a different way to import the model files?
It seems to be something to do with the commodity groups. Are these stored anywhere in the excel files themselves?
You may have the same JET issue that I had reported in this post: http://forum.kanors-emr.org/showthread.php?tid=571

If you want, I can take your model and get it working on a remote machine. I will give you access to it till things settle down for you.