Veda2.0 Released!

Did not find GAMS name ERROR
Dear all,
      After installing VEDA-FE and GAMS 24.4, a strange probelm appeared. The error is "Errors in input DATA/COMPILE", and many GAMS names can't be found. Attached is the ERROR picture, and I hope I can gain your help again.

I tested demo 1, so the problem is caused by issues other than the model?
 Anyone has ecountered this problem before? An error in input data/compile and a compilation error happened after I chose the solve button in VEDA-FE.  

GAMS_SRC folder not found, check selected GAMS root path on Case Manager (F9).
(21-10-2015, 08:24 PM)huichenpku Wrote:  Anyone has ecountered this problem before? An error in input data/compile and a compilation error happened after I chose the solve button in VEDA-FE.  

Hello I face this problem too. I have to have some error in the excel source file. If I use an older excel source file, this problem does not occur. Is any way how to find where is the error, please?
Hi Lukas,

If you are facing similar GAMS issue then GAMS_SRC folder should be missing or empty.

Can you explain bit more about the excel file issue? and tell me the VEDA-FE version as well?

and you can post error log file also if you are getting any error message.
Hi Vikrant,

my GAMS_SRC folder should be ok. The problem stems form one of my B-Y templates. I made some changes in the templates and obviously made some error. But I cannot find where.
If is use the old version of this B-Y template, it works fine.
I have the new version of VEDA-FE 4.5.5 but I faced this issue under under the previous versions too.
Which error log should I post?

Thank you!
Those "Did not find GAMS name" errors appear also if you have some other GAMS compilation error (other than missing or empty GAMS_SRC folder).  Could you post the listing file (zipped), so that we can see the errors?
Sure, where can I find it?
The .lst file in the work folder under VEDA-FE, where you run the model (Gams_Wrk*).
(29-11-2017, 04:00 PM)Antti-L Wrote: The .lst file in the work folder under VEDA-FE, where you run the model (Gams_Wrk*).

Here it is. Thank you!

Attached Files
.zip   pokus.zip (Size: 56.03 KB / Downloads: 7)
Thanks Lukas.  
The listing file indicates that this clearly appears to be a bug in VEDA-FE.
I'll leave it to Vikrant to look after more closely...

[EDIT:] But you could try eliminating the errors yourself by removing all special characters from your process/commodity descriptions.
(29-11-2017, 04:26 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Thanks Lukas.  
The listing file indicates that this clearly appears to be a bug in VEDA-FE.
I'll leave it to Vikrant to look after more closely...

[EDIT:] But you could try eliminating the errors yourself by removing all special characters from your process/commodity descriptions.

Thank you,
I found now the problem is in the technology description in ~FI_Process table. If I deleted all description, it works fine. Some description was maybe too long?
Hi Lukas,

Can you post the base.dd(zipped)?
(29-11-2017, 05:56 PM)Vikrant Wrote: Hi Lukas,

Can you post the base.dd(zipped)?
Hi Vikrant, here is the problematic table with process descriptions. Is it fine so?
Lukas

Attached Files
.xlsx   B-Y_process.xlsx (Size: 40.69 KB / Downloads: 7)