Veda2.0 Released!

User_con snaps to 0 at EOH
Hi,

This might be a TIMES question rather than a VEDA one... I have a rather big, TIAM-like model and I set a lower bound on the share of renewable energy in final energy by constraining all the flows involved.

The constraint appears correctly in VFE browser, the equation in the .LST file (of form LHS =G= 0) looks correct too, for all periods. Yet, the model forces this inequality into an equality (User_con = 0) for the last period, by raising artificially fossil fuel consumption (it produces a commodity that is not needed, not consumed, only to burn fuel). This brings the slack (User_con) to 0, while without this artificial consumption the constraint would have been respected with a margin of approx. User_con=130.

As far as I know, the process activated to satisfy the constraint is absolutely useless (IFCH production in a region where ICH demand is 0). It is targeted by this constraint only.

I tried adding a fixed RHS to force a minimal margin => the slack snaps to this value in 2050

I also tried extrapolating the constraint after 2050 (EOH), by specifying coefficients in 2055 => does not work either.

Can someone give me a hint here?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Sebastien