Veda2.0 Released!

STS storage type support in VEDA
Dear all,

I know that Antii was so kind to implement a generic flexible storage process type, STS, which automatically combines the DAYNITE, WEEKLY and SEASONal storage capabilities.

However, he mentioned that this type was not supported by VEDA at the time he implemented it (version VEDA_FE 4.3.45).

Now that VEDA_FE is at version VEDA_FE 4.4.07, is this feature supported? I don't see it neither in the version history nor in the attributes master in VEDA but perhaps I missed something.

If somebody knows how to activate this feature in VEDA and define a flexible STS storage process, it would be of great help.

So far I just experimented with the following set memberships in the VEDA interface: (STGTSS, STS) and (STGSTS) . Both produced similar results with the plain STGTSS, so I guess my above tries were not correct (unless it was just a coincidence in the specific model instance I ran).

Thanks in advance,
Vangelis

the current version supports STS. You can confirm in the DD file.
Thank you very much for the quick confirmation Amit!

By looking at the DD files I understood that I have to define it simply as STS.
Dear all,

I am doing something wrong with the declaration of a storage process as pump hydro using STS, but I cannot find it. When I see the results in the Veda-BE I have values for Var_Act and Var_Fout per time slice, but not for Var_Fin, because the VAR_SIN variable is zero in all timeslices.

I declare the pump hydro process as :

Sets: STS
TechName:EHYD-PUM00
Tact: PJ
Tcap: GW
Tslvl: DAYNITE

With the following characteristics:

TechName: EHYD-PUM00
Comm-IN: ELC
Comm-OUT: ELC
S_EFF: 80%
NCAP_AFAC: 16.4633747%
NCAP_AFC~DAYNITE: 100%
CAP2ACT: 31.536
PEAK(CON): 1
NCAP_PASTI~2010: 1.38345
STGIN_BND~2010: 8.9784

I introduced the upper bound in storage infloww just for testing purposes, to check what happens if I set it as FX instead of UP. As it is expected, when the bound is FX, I have results for the VAR_SIN variable. I checked also the QA_LOG file for errors in definition but nothing is reported here.

The process appears normally in all related sets: RPS_STG, RPC_STG, RP_STS, PRC_STGTSS, RP_STG.

There are no other constraints regarding this process, or the hydro production in general.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, because I really would like to use the STS feature instead of the different storage processes operating at the different time slice levels.

When I change the set membership from STS to STG everything works as expected.

Thank you very much in advance,
Vangelis

Thanks for the problem report.

I have verified a problem with the generalized STS storage matching the symptoms given, but only in models making use of all of the four timeslice levels ANNUAL, SEASON, WEEKLY, DAYNITE.  This problem thus does not appear in models that make use of only three levels, e.g.  ANNUAL, SEASON and DAYNITE.

Perhaps you can confirm that your model indeed makes use of all the four timeslice levels?

However, the problem is not in any way related to VEDA, but to TIMES. Maybe you should consider reporting the problem on the TIMES Forum instead of the VEDA Forum, so that the TIMES people are informed as well, and can fix it. Embarrassed

Yes the model uses all four timeslice levels.

I will post to the TIMES forum.

For the moment being I will return to the standard approach of splitting the storage process according to the timeslice level.

Thank you very much for the help!

There is now a TIMES maintenance release v3.6.1, which should fix the bug related to four TSLVLs.

http://www.kanors-emr.org/download.asp

Whatever I will say it will not be enough!

Just a big thank you !!