Veda2.0 Released!

Marginal value with COM_CUMPROD
Dear All,

I am fixing a cap on cumulative CO2 emissions using the COM_CUMPROD attribute. I would like to see the marginal value associated to this constraint in VEDA-BE but I don't seem to be able to find it.

Does anyone knows where/if I could find this marginal value (in veda-be, since I can obviously read it directly in the .gdx)?

Thanks in advance,

Claire
COM_CUMPRD is the easy way to model cumulative commodity production constraints.

But if you are so demanding that you also want to have the marginal value of the constraint, you should resort to a user constraint instead. Example for cumulative COA production:

The marginal will be reported in the parameter User_conFXM.

Thanks Antti, it worked.

I was wondering: how should I have known that I needed to put "PRD" under "Other Indexes"? Because I admit that I tried this user constraint and never succedded since the "other indexes" was lacking...
The TIMES documentation mentions that the parameter is UC_CUMCOM(uc_n,reg,type,com,y1,y2), where the type index can be either ‘PRD’ (gross production) or ‘NET’ (net production). So, you know that PRD should be under some column, but where?  I guess the VEDA-FE convention is that those indexes not fitting into the standard VEDA columns should go under "Other_indexes"...
I know this is a slightly old thread, but hoped to ask a follow up question.

Is it possible to use UC_CUMCOM or UC_COMNET or similar to apply a cumulative bound on all regions but only on commodities coming from a given set of processes. E.g. if one wanted to constrain cumulative CO2 emissions coming only from cars?

Many thanks

Christophe

With cumulative UC constraints that is possible.

With UC_FLO you can include flows from a given set of processes to a constraint. And, if the constraint is cumulative, the component flows will be cumulative, over the UC_T_SUM periods.

With UC_CUMFLO you can additionally include cumulative flows of processes into a cumulative constraint, regardless of the UC_T_SUM entries (and so you can leave UC_T_SUM unspecified). As the year range is given directly in UC_CUMFLO, the flows will be cumulated over that range regardless of UC_T_SUM. However, note that you cannot  use UC_CUMFLO in period-wise or dynamic UC constraints.